66 drops of blood

'Josh!' His mother wraps her arms around him, 'I missed you so much! I didn't know where you went and.. and I was so afraid I would never see you again.' 'Mom.. a bit more quiet please and yes.. I missed you too.'

I laugh at the sight.

'Oh Teddy!' She wraps her arms around me this time, 'I missed you too, how are you doing?'
'Mom.. he usually isn't to keen on physical contact.'
'No it's fine, but we need to prepare for the meeting,' I reply.

'So my mom loves you.. I guess.'
'If only your dad did too,' I say and let out a small sigh. 'Hey,' he puts his hands down on my shoulders, pulls me just a bit closer and hovers his head above my shoulder, 'he will, if this works.. he'll respect you.'
'Yea.. put more weight upon my shoulders.' 'Sorry.'

'He looks awful,' I whisper to Josh when I see the king of the vampires, my king. 'I thought all vampires looked awful,' he says with a big grin.

I remove the grin by quickly placing my lips on his before storming off towards the king.

It left him in shock for a few seconds but he rushes to me once he seems to be able to think normally.

'Are you okay?'
'You ruined my life.. do you know that?' He responds immediately.
'I figured.. it was my only option. How is the city.. isn't it completely broken apart?' I ask out of fear of my own words. 'Well.. our buildings are broken, the library as well. The citizen's houses are alright and my house has already been.. fixed.'

I nod and want to walk away again but.. his hand hits my shoulder telling me this conversation isn't over.

'What are you planning to do to me?' 'I'm sorry?' I ask because I really don't understand him.
'If this meeting works out, which I'm sure it will, will I still be leading or will you take my place and.. will you save me, lock me up or even kill me.'

I sigh, I didn't think he would be so worried about this.

'Your ways aren't wrong, you never choose for this to happen besides.. you're family in some sort of complicated way, you and I both have royal blood,' I stop talking, waiting for his response.

'Your blood is more pure than mine.' 'Look Tubas, may I call you that?'
He nods. 'Tubas, you've been leading for longer than I even exist. You know how everything works and I don't, I still want a life before stepping in this leading role,' I take time to breath, 'You have one child right?'
'Yes a daughter why?' He answers me. 'She probably has been preparing to take over for her whole life hasn't she?' 'She always hated it though.' 'Would she hate me if I take her place?'

This time Josh places a hand on my shoulder and pulls me back.

'One moment,' I quickly say to Tubas.

'Why are you interrupting?' I ask. 'What are you doing?'
'Explain yourself. I thought I was doing great,' I mutter with a little bit of anger failing to keep hidden.
'If you become a heir, you will need to marry a woman.' 'I'm well aware of the stupid rules both of our races have,' I mutter back.
'So.. there's no future for us then?'
'I'm sorry but you're a heir yourself!'

He grabs my hands in order to try to calm me down.

'Josh.. why aren't you aware I can change those rules with ease.'

He sighs and doesn't say anything anymore.

'I'm sorry about that so y..'
'I'm sorry for interrupting but.. how did you do that?'

I look at him with a confused expression.

'How did you hold back? That takes a lot of self-control.. even I can't do it.' 'Hold back what?' Josh asks now joining the conversation.
'He..' 'Tubas please.'

He holds his mouth shut.

'I wanted to bite you.'
'I'm used to that.'
'No.. you're not used to it in this way,' I state calmly. 'May I?'
'Go ahead,' I answer because he can explain it better than I can.

'When a vampire has a really strong emotion, in this case anger, they tend to bite. Those bites are different from the ones when we feed from a human donor. Lust or love leaves passionate bites, Jealousy leaves ones that last longer and are more visible to see and anger.. anger leaves painful and sore marks. To make it even worse.. anger is the most difficult one to resist and I've never met anyone who could do it, well I just did.'

'So.. so you wanted to seriously hurt me?' He responds in shock.
'No, I would be in your neck right now if that was the case.'

'Now about your daughter.. would she hate me if I take her place?' I repeat myself. 'She respects you, I don't think she would mind.'
'Good, we're done now.'
'If you need any existence or help, ask me.'

I nod and smile to him.
Then I watch him walm away.

'You wanted to bite me.'
'If you keep repeating this I will end up.. still doing it.'

He grabs my wrist.

'Teddy.. I don't understand why you're angry at me.. at least not like this.'
I sigh, 'it's mainly because of the stress you're giving me with questions about our future. I get angry because I don't want us to split up. Now if you would excuse me.. I have an important meeting.'

He laughs, wraps an arm around my shoulders pulls me a bit closer and starts walking towards the meeting.. house. The fact that the houses are so small here that the meeting room is a whole house is just surprising.

'Josh it's a bit unprofessional to walk in like this.'