32 drops of blood

'You should take a shower and change clothes after that,' Josh says once we're alone in the house.
'There's a problem with that.. I haven't had the potion against the water..'
'Teddy, garlic, water, sun.. it's a myth. It's not real they just like to make everyone think that, making money and making sure that no one will try to get away, they won't be able to survive. Take a shower I assure you, nothing will happen to you.'

With hesitation I step underneath the shower and turn on the water.. Josh was right.. nothing happened.

'

'You look a bit better now, but still horrible.'
'What kind of boyfriend are you?' I ask jokingly.
'The kind who wouldn't lie about that kind of stuff, now you mentioned torturing earlier, besides it's obvious.. but are you badly hurt somewhere?'

I sigh and sit down on a chair.

'It's what you consider bad,' I say biting my lip.
'Take of your shirt, let me take a look at it.'

without hesitation I do what he says.

'Teddy! They are badly infected, you should have told sooner.'
'I didn't pay attention to them, hoping nothing happened,' I say, bite my lip and avoid eye contact.
'Teddy.'

He gently put one of his hands on the back of my neck and with the other one he holds my head straight, so I am looking at him. My eyes get watery and I try to keep my tears inside.

'It's okay to cry Ted.'

I still keep strong, I don't cry.. well until my eyes are full of water and it falls out.

'I.. I was c.. certain I was going to d..die, either by infections and blood loss or by b.. being hanged.'
'I wish I could tell you I was coming, but I couldn't.. I wasn't allowed to.'

He pulls me into a hug and place his head on top of mine.

'Let me help you take care of those nasty wounds..'
'Josh, you don't have to.. I'm sure you have people for that, you're a prince here..'
'I know and you're a vampire, they won't take proper care of you and I don't want you to get worse.'
sigh, 'well it's going to take a while.' 'Yeah.. wait here, I will get a medical kit.'

He walks out of the building and comes back later.

'That should be the last one,' Josh says as he moves away, 'how are you feeling?' 'Tired and cold.'
'Makes sense, you're only wearing your underwear. You should put on some clothes before you get sick.'

quietly laugh and put on my clothes again, I needed to take them off in order for him to take care of all of my wounds.

'So you're a waiter,' Josh says after a long awkward silence. 'Yeah..'
'Why didn't I know?'
'I just never told you,' I mumble.. I didn't want him to know.
'I thought you would wait until you were midway through college.'
'I'm not going to study Josh.'
'What do you mean?' He asks surprised.
'We can barely afford to pay the bills, there's no money for me to go to university.' 'And a scholarship?'
'Josh it doesn't work,' I say quickly, hoping he would stop talking about it.

'I never knew it was that bad..' 'What?' 'Your money issues.'
'It's not something I like talking about,' I murmur.
'I understand, the biggest problem is because your government claims everything your mother earns in that factory because of that debt right?' 'Yeah?' I ask confused.
'So it will be gone when your plan works out?'

'My plan?'
'Reuniting the cities,' he simply replies.
'But your father wanted the help of the vampires to win the war?'
'Yes, but it isn't your plan.. or mine.' 'You have a plan?'
'My plan is your plan,' he smiles weakly, 'but we can't let him know that.'

I don't say anything.

I went to bed soon after that, I was just so.. so tired.

I expected Josh would be gone once I woke up but he's still there.. sitting on the edge of the bed and it scared me a bit.

'Why are you still here?' I ask with sleepy eyes and a hoarse morning voice.
'Remember what I said before.
I wanted you back in one piece and now you're hurt all over..'
'But I'm in one piece and besides what's your point?'
'You should really let people finish their sentence before interrupting. Yes you're in one piece, but I still feel bad.. I should have got you out of there immediately. If I hadn't waited for my dad's approval I could have got you and in one day I..'

He seems to be stressing out and I'm not used to see him that way. I quickly put my lips on his.

'It's alright,' I whisper before kissing him carefully.. softly.
'
You're really cute sometimes you know that,' he says right after we pulled away.
'And thirsty,' he suddenly adds.
'What do you mean?'
'I can see it in your eyes.'
I sigh, 'yes I'm thirsty.. of course I am. Usually I have three or four plasma packs a day and now I haven't had anything for almost 24 hours. Of course I'm thirsty!'

'I can't think of any other way to fix it.. I can only come up with the idea to let you drink blood, like blood from people.'
'I don't even like human blood..'
'Such a brat,' he says with a high pitch voice. 'Still an asshole!' I say back the same way he did.