53 drops of blood

'You know that you can feed from me right?'

'No, I already did that just a few days ago.' 'Honey.. you know it's fine right? I really don't mind.'
'We can just go back home to get a plasma pack.'

The boy shakes his head and continues to clean my neck and the other area where blood stained my skin. My eyes lock onto his neck when he does it.. it's only making it harder to contain myself.

'Fucking hell.. just cover your neck.' 'No.. no I don't think I will.'
'Josh please.'

He shakes his head and cleans off the last bit of blood.

'I can't contain myself if I keep seeing your neck this close.' 'I know,' he takes a breath, 'but Teddy.. how big is the change you'll bite someone on the way back home?' 'Big probably.. why?' 'We don't want you to bite someone and scare the living shit out of him right?' He says in a weird way and comes closer. 'No.. you're not doing this again,' I state strictly when I understand what he's doing.

'Come on the last time wasn't that bad.' 'S..so you're saying it was bad last time?' I ask surprised by his words. 'No.. no.. no, I mean I kind of forced you last time.. that's it I swear.'

When he comes even closer I can't resist anymore.

'Are you sure?' 'I won't be trying to seduce you if I wasn't sure.' I sigh.
'If I hurt you or if you have the feeling you're going to black out.. hit me or pull me away.. I never gave in to this, I don't know if I will be able to stop'.

He nods his head and kisses me.

'It will be alright okay,' he mumbles against our lips. 'Oh and.. we're not going to make this a habit.'
'We'll see about that Ted.'

'Can you sit down?' He laughs, 'anything for you honey.'
'Cringe,' I mumble.

He sits down on the floor and I sit on his lap so I can reach his neck easily. He looks me in the eyes.

'You're eyes are beautiful Ted.' 'Hm?' 'They look purple.' 'That's because they're purple right now.. it's the bloodlust,' I answer honestly.
'I like it,' he says with a grin.

I lay one of my hands on the back of his head and the other one on his upper arm. I take a breath and let the carving take over, well not completely.. I mean I don't want to hurt him.

I hear him gasp and feel him shiver shortly when I push my fangs into his skin.. I don't think he will ever get used to that feeling.

I rub my hand up and down on his arm to comfort him.

Quickly I taste the sweet 0 negative, to be honest.. his blood tastes better than anything else I've ever tasted and the fact that his blood type is also my favourite just makes it even better or worse. It makes me harder to pull away on time. I drink his blood slowly.. I'm waiting for him to calm down. Well.. I was planning on doing that but it doesn't exactly go how I wanted it to go.

The craving to have more right now takes over and I start drinking faster and faster. Josh is shocked by this, I can feel it.. but I can't seem to slow down.

My hands starts shaking, I'm fine with drinking his blood.. I just want to be in control of it myself.

'Teddy, are you okay? I know you can't answer so uhm.. make a sound if you're not okay.' "Mmh" or something close to that leaves my throat.
'Are you still in control? Make a sound if you're in control.' I don't make anything even close to a sound leave my body. 'Oh.. do I need to pull you away?' 'Mmh.'

Before I know it I get pulled up so my fangs leave his skin carefully and pushed back lightly after.

'Uhm Teddy.. wound.' 'Oh right sorry!'

I close the wound for him and fall into his arms after that.

'What happened?' He asks casually.
'It just took over.. I.. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to.. and I.. I.. just didn't k..know..' He cuts me off by covering my mouth with his hands. 'It may went a little wrong, but you still managed to let me know.'

I look at the wound in his neck.

'This one may take a bit longer to fade, I really should have just gone home to grab a plasma pack.. I'm sorry.' 'One I insisted and two see it as.. something you need to practice.'

I sigh.. why can't I just have a normal life?

'Did you have enough though?' 'No.' 'Do you want to try again?'
'No,' I immediately respond.
'Okay I get it.. you're scared, but your bloodlust is less now right? I think you can manage to control it.'
'I..if you insist.' 'No.. no.. no, it's your own choice, I'm just saying you can probably control it.'
'Not doing it. We will just go and get a plasma pack and.. celebrate my birthday after that again.'

He smiles and pulls me in a hug and places a quick kiss on my forehead.

'That's my boy.'

I want to say something about that sentence, but keep quiet.. what does it even matter.

'

'Did he attack you?' Is the first thing Thalia asks when we join her again. 'No, he would have a difficult time if he tried that.'
'B..but the bite mark in your neck?'

She sounds afraid.. great, I roll my eyes, I still scared someone.

'You think he can reach my neck without standing on his tiptoes?'
'No.. he could have knocked you out or something like that.'
'Thalia, nothing happened.. nothing against my will and if you'll excuse us now.. I have a birthday to celebrate,' he states clearly annoyed by the questions she's asking.

'So you let him bite you!? It's a vampire Josh!'

In just a few seconds her body is pinned against the wall.

'So?' 'Vampires can't be trusted, you could have died!' He starts laughing, 'I'm sorry? Can't be trusted? He could have let what's he called, Jordan, bleed to fucking death. He had so may changes to kill me yet he never did. He won't even kill an animal.. maybe a mosquito but that's all. So have at least a little faith.'
'You should know the risks better than I do.'

I can feel his anger risen so I decide to step in.

'Josh.. calm down,' I hold his under arms and try to put them down, 'I don't want you to hit your cousin.' 'Well maybe it will learn her some respect,' he says now letting the anger sound. 'Maybe you should do something about your anger issues.' 'Thalia just hold your mouth shut!' I yell at her.

She seems to back up against the wall even more.

'Josh.. please, she doesn't know what she's doing. Besides she grew up with the information that I'm dangerous.. it's understandable.'

He groans and now pins me against the wall.

'Do you have a death wish or something?' I laugh and shake my head, 'I'm not intimated and you should know that. Calm down okay?'

He looks at me and takes a few minutes to calm down his breathing. He release me soon after and pulls me into a hug.

'Please don't do that again.. I don't want to get mad at you,' he says with a little spark of sadness.
'Well it worked out didn't it?'

He buries his head in my chest and holds me even tighter.

'I'm sorry okay.' 'It's fine.. we're here to help eachother okay?' I ask with a smile. 'Alright, let's go now.'