48 drops of blood

Pov Teddy

'Are you hurt?'

'N.. no I'm fine.'

Everything was burning my whole body was protesting.. I knew this would happen. I just didn't want to disappoint him.

I stretch hoping it will take the sensation away but it doesn't.
It feels like my skin is on fire.

'Are you sure?' He asks as he softly rubs his hand over my shoulder.
'It burns,' I respond before I could think about what I was going to say.

He looks at me with pity and sighs.

'Where does it burn?'
'Everywhere,' I reply honestly.
'Do you think showering will help?'
'I don't think my body is strong enough to let me stand up for that long and even if I sit down,' I take a deep breath, 'I don't think I will be able to wash myself.. let alone dry myself.'

'First we should find out if it even works,' he says as he leads me to the bathroom.

'Do you want to turn on the water yourself or do you want me to do it?' 'I will do it, you need to make sure I keep standing.. I didn't know it would be so bad.' 'So you knew this would happen?' He asks surprised.
'Yes I knew,' I say with a sigh before turning on the water and hovering my arm underneath the water.

I start to relax a little bit.. the water cools down.. it really does help.

'I assume it works?' He says with a grin I can see in the mirror. I nod. 'Well.. I figure you want to shower?

I look at the floor shyly.

'How?' 'I thought you had already figured out I would help you?' He answers confused by my question. 

'How?' I repeat again.
'I will shower with you.'

I want to say something but get cut off when he speaks again.

'I know you get uncomfortable if I see you're body without you know.. clothes or even when you're just wearing your underwear.. but please I want to help you, we don't have to shower naked. We can just wear our underwear.'

I look at the floor, but my head get pushed up.. I look him in the eyes.

'You really don't want me to see you?'

I sigh and lay my head down against his chest.

'You can ask two questions about it.. I won't answer more.'
'You're making me suspicious.. anyway we're doing this?'

I nod.. I just really want this burning sensation go away.

'Okay so sit down while I search for something you can sit on underneath the shower.'

I nod and sit down on the floor with my back against the sink. He starts looking for something but walks out the bathroom.. I guess to ask Thalia about it.

'

He walks back in with a stool and glances over to me.

'I was checking if you were awake,' he answers my not yet asked question. I laugh quickly and try to stand up. 'No.. sit down, wait till I set everything up.'

I laugh again.. this boy is taking such good care of me.. I don't deserve him.

He pulls his shirt over his head and lays it down in a corner, taking off his shorts after that. I've seen this sight a lot.. he usually sleeps in his underwear. But it's kind of different now.. I mean we're going to do something really different than sleeping.

'Teddy?' 'Hm?'
'You weren't responding.'
'Oh,' I laugh shyly. 'You ready?'
'Yea.. let me undress,' I take a deep breath, 'can you please not look until I tell you to? I want to feel more comfortable first.' 'I understand take your time.. just call my name if you're ready or need me,' he says as he turns around.

I manage to take of my jeans and socks myself.. I stumble while trying to take of my shirt as my ribs are having none of it.

'Fuck,' I say as I try to keep my balance. 'Teddy?'
'Can you help me?' I ask carefully.
'Of course.'

He turns around but keeps looking at my eyes.. not what's below it, luckily.

'Can you support me when I try to get my shirt off.' 'Of course.'

'

Once the water hits my body I start to relax completely.

'I think this means your body isn't burning anymore?' I look up at the smiling boy. 'You're still burning hot though,' he says once he lays his hand on my forehead. 'Mhh..' 'Don't fall asleep,' he says laughingly.

'

'Can I wash your hair?' He asks out of nowhere.

I've just been sitting on the stool, letting the water cool my body down.

'If you want to..' 'I take that as a yes,' he says with a smile.

I hear a cap of a bottle open and soon after I feel his fingers running through my hair. I throw my head back so he moves on to the top of my head.

Suddenly a purring sound leaves my throat. I cover my mouth in shock.. I have never purred before.. I'm not a freaking cat! Josh smiles like he just won the lottery. My cheeks heat up.

'Honey don't be ashamed of that, there's already enough heat leaving your body,' he moves his hands to my neck, 'It just letting me know I'm doing the right thing.'
'I sound like a freaking cat.'
He massages my neck quickly.
'I like it,' he says with a grin.

After that he washes the shampoo out of my hair.

'

'Teddy I could ask two questions right?'

I feel stupid for promising him that.

'Yea..' 'Where did you get these from?'

His fingers rub over a few old scars on my upper legs.

'They're bite marks.' 'I can see that.. I'm just wondering how a vampire ends up with those,' he says calmly. 'Josh I can feel your concern.. don't hide it from me,' I say as I sigh.
'I know.. I'm sorry, I'm not used to the fact you can feel it.'

I take a deep breath.. I know he would ask me this eventually.

'These are my sisters,' I say as I move my finger over the most noticeable scars, 'this little one is my moms and the others are my fathers.'
'So you have one bite mark from your mom, six from your sister and ten from your dad?' He asks to make sure. 'Yep.' 'And why do you have them?' 'Bloodlust. They're really old though.. my sister was just really sloppy, that's why these are the most noticeable.'

'Bloodlust?' He repeats.
'Not everyone is as good as I am with suppressing it. I was the weakest one.. my family needed to feed them self and would feed from the weakest one,' I say biting my lip.
'Have you ever fed from them?'
'No.. I would just pass out.'

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down. He kneels down next to me and lays a hand on my knee.

'How old are they?'
'Pff.. twelve years?'
'And they are still visible?'

I don't react.. I'm just thinking about it.

'I mean.. even the scar that Louise gave me is nearly invisible.'
'Bloodlust just does something with us.. how many questions have you already asked now?' 'A lot.. but it's all about the same topic,' he says to defend himself.

'And those scars?' He asks while carefully rubbing over my lower leg.

I start laughing by just the idea of how I got them.

'What?' 'I fell out of a tree Josh.'
'How did you manage to do that?' He replies now also laughing himself.
'I tried to fly and got my wing stuck in the tree.. so I fell down, I never tried flying after that again.'
'Wait.. you have wings? I thought only a small amount of vampires actually have wings.'
'That's correct,' I wait for a few minutes before I say something new, 'They aren't a big deal though.'
'I doubt that.. can I see them one day?' 'Maybe,' I mumble as an answer.