43 drops of blood

I wake up from something cold touching my body.

'What are you doing?' I mumble while rubbing my eyes.
'Trying to wake you up.' 'Why?' 'Otherwise you won't be able to sleep tonight.'

I wrap myself in the blanket and close my eyes again.

'Nope.. not happening buddy.'
'Since when are you using buddy again?' I ask surprised.
'Since it distracts you,' he says as he lifts me up. 'Put me down.'

Pov Josh

'Put me down.'

I look at him with a grin on my face.. well until I noticed his skin, his skin looks horrible.. acne covering his nose and cheeks.

I put him down on the bed again.
He gives me a confused look, staring into my eyes.. waiting for an answer.

I sigh and kneel down before him, I never did that.. I don't know why I did it.

'Your skin looks horrible Teddy.'
'Yea.. that tends to happen sometimes,' he says distracted looking at everything expect my eyes.
'Teddy,' I lay my hands around his head making sure he can't avoid my eyes, 'what's wrong?' 'No really it's nothing,' he replies.

My eyes lock onto his.. then it hits me.

'When is the last time you had something to drink?'
'Right before we went to bed?'

I quietly laugh at his response shaking my head.

'That's not what I meant.'
'Well.. what did you mean?'

He looks at me so innocently.. damn those eyes, normally I would sink into them.. lose myself in them. Now it's different.. the spark he has was gone, gone just like that. I sigh which causes a surprised look to appear on his face.

'When was the last time you had blood?'
'I had a plasma pack like.. yesterday?' 'You don't sound confident about that,' I sigh.

I know there's something wrong with him.. I just don't want to rush it out of him, he doesn't seem to cope well with it when I do.

'Yea.. I'm pretty sure it was yesterday.'

It takes me a while to figure out what he meant, I completely forgot what I asked him.

'Right,' is the only thing that seemed to escape my throat.

Right.. really Joshua.. Right? Why couldn't I come up with something better and why did I just referred to myself by my full name?

I sigh before deciding to say what I know he deep down wants.

'Teddy.. drink from me.'

His eyes are filled with shock.

'W..what?'

I decide to lay my hand on his knee.

'Feed from me,' I repeat in a different way. 'N..no, it hurts you,' he takes a few quick breaths, 'why do you even want me to?'
'Because,' I grab his hand, 'I can't bare seeing you like this.' 'Like what?'

I sigh before answering.

'Teddy, you look horrible alright. Not only your skin looks bad but you also seemed to have lost your spark.'
'And how would me drinking from you help with that,' he replies quietly. 'You and I both know that vampires need to drink from.. something alive once in a while.'
'But the last time isn't that long ago,' he mumbles.

'Louise didn't drink my blood.. he just bit me and since I can't imagine you drinking from any sort of animal.. the last time has been a while ago.' 'Because we didn't have plasma packs.. now we do, so why wouldn't I..' I cut him off. 'Honey,' I start knowing it will make him calm down a bit, 'you can't keep fighting it forever.'