36 drops of blood

'Teddy.. right?'

I turn around to see someone standing behind me.

'Yes.. uhm.. Alice?' 'Almost, it's Alicia.' 'Sorry I'm bad with names,' I reply embarrassed.
'What are you reading?'
'Nothing,' I say and quickly put the book back. 'Very convincing.'
'I'm.. just looking around.. seeing if I can recognise books,' I lie.
'By looking at the information we've gathered about vampires?'
'I didn't know..' 'It's litterly written there, what are you planning?' 'Nothing, I was just looking around,' I say as I want to walk away.

'My father won't be happy if I tell him you're snooping around alone in the library.' 'Will you tell him?'
'It depends.. will you tell me what you were doing?' 'No.'
'Well, that's a shame,' she states walking away.

'I'm sorry.' 'For?'

She doesn't need to wait for an answer.

I leap onto her pin her down on the wall and suck her blood until she loses conscious.

I needed to, she couldn't go ahead and tell him.

I quickly close her wound, take the book and hide it under my clothes.

I make my way back to the house I stay in and hide it under my mattress. I don't know why but I got a feeling this book will be important later.

Suddenly I hear the front door.

I rush downstairs and see Josh standing there.

'Teddy.. how? How did you get out! The door was..' 'Locked, yes I know.' 'How?' He asks again.
'I just unlocked it,' I simply answer.

'Teddy.. did you drink someone's blood?' He asks scanning my face. 'No.' 'Then why is there blood right here,' he puts his finger on the corner of my mouth. 'Magic?' 'Teddy what did you do?' He asks suspicious.
'I didn't have a choice..'
'Who did you bite?'
'I was walking back home, I got into some kind of fight and I couldn't do anything else.'
'Teddy, you're lying. I can see it in your eyes.'

I ignore him and keep quiet.

He sighs, 'I'm sorry I have to this,' he pins me against the wall. I swallow loudly and wait for what is going to happen. 'Who did you bite?'

I still ignore him, I can't tell him.
He grabs my chin and holds my head upwards.

'I'm asking again.. who did you bite?' 'No one important.'
'You would have told me right away if that's true,' he wraps one of his arms around my neck, 'I will find out eventually.' 'I.. it's Alicia okay! Now let me go!' I say quietly.

He moves his hands away from my neck but still keeps me pinned against the wall.

'You.. you.. my sister?' He asks confused.
'I'm sorry I had too, if she told your father our plan would have been ruined!' 'Where is she?' He asks ignoring what I've said.
'The library in the castle.'
'You can wish on your own life she's alright,' he says before letting me go and leaving the house.

'

It's been a couple of hours and I still haven't heard a thing from Josh.. is he mad at me? He needs to understand that I didn't had a choice!

'Stop stressing out, he's just someone we needed. Now that the border is gone we can leave him behind.'
'No! What are you talking about! I love him! I'm not leaving him!' I yell back at the voice.
'You don't, I just made you like him.' 'Shut up! Shut up! Shut up shut up shut up shut up!' 'It's not real love, I just made you fall in love with him.'
'No shut up! That's not true! I love him, you had nothing to do with that!'

'Go back to the vampire city, lead the revolution.. take over this city. We've been prey for to long.. it's time to become the predator.'
'Is that all you wanted? Wanted to take revenge on the elves?'
'You know that you want it too.'
'No! No I don't want that! I want to bring back the peace in this world! I thought you wanted that too!'
'Stop resisting, you do what I want. Otherwise I will make you do it. Let's start with killing that boy.'
'No! No I don't want that! Leave me alone!'

Tears start rolling down my face and I feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn around and see Josh.

'No.. no.. no go away!' I yell at him. 'Teddy.. why what's wrong?'
'You can't keep fighting me, I will take over.' 'Louise leave me alone! I don't want to!'
'You will feed the hunter inside of you eventually.' 'Shut up!' I cover my ears with my hands, 'shut up! Leave me alone!' I scream at the top of my lungs.

'Teddy who are you talking to?'
'Josh.. you.. Josh tie me down.'
'What why?'
'Just.. just do it!' I say strictly.

He looks confused but does as I say, he ties me down on a chair and sits across from me.

'H..how is Alicia?'
'She's fine.. what's up with you?'
'It's Louise he.. he has been lying to us and he wants to take over this city, killing the elves in it.'
'Teddy.. I can't understand that.. talk English.' 'I am talking English!' I yell at him. 'I can't understand what you're saying if you keep using that language.' 'You really think I'm allowing you to tell hin that?'
'Louise get out of my head!'
'Honey.. what's happening?'

I point at a notebook that's laying on the table and he hands it over.

I start writing but the words turns into weird symbols.

Frustrated I rip the piece of paper out and start drawing.. hoping he understands.

'That's you right?'

I nod and point to a head floating in the air with lines coming out off his mouth.. indicating that it's talking.

'Louise?'

I nod again. I draw demon ears on his head.

'He's a demon?' I shake my head. 'He's evil?'

I nod and try to draw Josh.
'
Does that reassemble me?' He asks laughing. I kick his leg with my foot. 'Sorry, sorry.. go on.'

I draw a knife in his back.

'Wait.. murder me? Do you want to kill me?' I shake my head and point to Louise. 'Louise wants to kill me?' I nod. 'Why?'

I try my best to draw a vampire and an elf.. the elf wanting to kill the vampire.
After that I make an arrow that indicates it's the other way around.

'He wants to hunt down elves?'
I nod once again.
'But why did you ask me to tie you down?' I start drawing a marionette. 'Is he controling you?' I raise my shoulders. 'You don't know?'

Suddenly it happens..