69 drops of blood

'Welcome in the worst city around,' I whisper to Josh. 'I've seen it before Ted.' 'Yea.. the side with the prisons, that's even worse.'

He laughs.

I hold his hand as I lead him to my house. It's still standing but people have been inside for sure.

'Teddy?' I turn around to see Tubas. 'What did they do inside here?' I ask immediately. 'How do you know they went in?'
'Because the lock is broken and replaced with a new one on a higher place.'

He hands me over a new key proving my theory to be true.

'Can I come inside?' 'Sure.. don't think too much of it.'

I walk over to the photo albums which are laying spread out over the floor. I start picking them up and lay them on the dining table.

'They thought you might hid something in there.'
'But they leave the pictures on the wall alone? That's weird to me,' I state as I look over at the wall of pictures. 'Did they take something?'
'I didn't let them, only if it was a clue.. but they didn't find those.'

I open a few albums to see if they are in tact and give them to Josh so he can lay them back where they originally were.

My hands starts shaking when I pick up the foto album which is in the worst state.

'Are you alright?'
'It's my dads,' I mumble and hand it to him without looking if it's okay.

He lays it back down on the table and opens it.
'Were the pictures always loosely attached?' 'Yes.'
'Alright,' he grabs it and lays it down with the other checked ones.

I open another one and close it again when I see the name on the first page.

'My sisters.'

He understands me almost immediately and looks for me.

'It's intact.'

The last one is mine. I open it to see a baby version of me.

'You're going slowly with this one.'

Josh joins me and looks over my shoulder.

'It's mine,' I explain.

I start looking through the whole album.

'There's a picture missing,' he states as he points to the page with glue but not a picture.

I open the backpack and grab a folded up piece of paper from a small pocket and give it to him.

'It's you and your dad.' 'Yes.'
'You were a really cute child.'

I shake my head and grab the picture from him again.

'I'm sorry to ruin the moment but we should talk about what we're going to do today.' 'No you're right, where do you want to talk?' I ask.
'Here, no one will notice us here.'

I sign him to sit down and we start talking about when, how, where and how much I tell the people.

'

And now it's time to go on television.. I don't want to but.. it's the safest.

'Nervous?' 'Of course I am.'

He quickly massages my shoulders.

'I will be just around the corner, say what you dicussed and you'll be fine.' 'Are they even going to listen to a youngster?' I ask Tubas, who's on the other side of me.
'They respect you Ted, besides I'm sitting next to you.' I nod, 'let's do this.

'

It ended up going great but my task here isn't done, I still need to separate the good from the bad people in the system, fire them and hire new people.. I'm going to be exhausted after all of this.

'

And I am.. I don't think for how long I can even stand anymore.

'Oh Ted.. I will have rooms for you in the castle, it's as much yours as mine. I will inform you when you can move.' 'Thank you and my mom?'
'I already informed her about that as well.'

I thank him one last time before making it back to my own small, dirty, dark home.

I immediately lay down on the couch and put on the television.

'Ted you should sleep.'
'I want to know their reaction first.' 'Move over,' he says because he doesn't want to sit on the ground, which is expected. 'I don't think I can.'

'Stand up.'

I do what he says and he sits down on the couch with his back against the arm rest. He puts his hands on my waist and places me between his legs.

'You could just grab a dinning chair.' 'You would miss me.'

I shake my head and lock eyes on the television.

'

'I told you they would respect you, even your bold choice to fire half of the staff is respected.'
'I gave the remainder an impossible task,' I state. 'They can manage it, I think they're more than happy they could stay.'

'

'We should link our portals,' Josh mumbles out of nowhere.
'I'm meeting with people here who can link me to all the best portals in the cities and they will do that tomorrow. We can link our portals after that but I don't see the point, we'll both have access to the same portals.. we're both heirs now.'
'You'll have access to the portal in my house and I will have access to yours,' he explains. 'Oh alright, we'll do it tomorrow okay.'

'

'I'm going to need to sleep in a coffin tonight.' I just woke up in his arms on the couch and realised.
'Why?' 'We can't both sleep on the couch.. one of us will fall off and I'm not letting you sleep in a coffin with me.'
'I can use my portal here and sleep in my own house in the human world?' He suggests.
'You're not walking these streets at night, it's extremely dangerous. Promise me you'll stay inside!'
'Shhh.. it's okay I will stay here.'