21 drops of blood

'What do I do now?' I ask desperate. 'Kiss his cheek.' 'What?' 'Kiss his cheek.'

I walk over to Josh his frozen in place body and give him a kiss on his cheek.

'And now what?' I ask the voice but it doesn't respond. 'Hello? Voice man? Thingy?'

'Teddy?'

I look back and see Josh... Moving.

'What is this? What are you doing to me?' He asks in a panic.
'This.. this is my power?' I say confused, because I don't really understand what just happened.
'I never heard anything about this kind of power.'
'It's because he's the only one with it.' 'Wha.. who is that?' Josh eyes widen, I have never really seen him scared.
'I refer to him as "voice",' I reply.
'So.. you are the only one with this kind of power? That makes sense considering I haven't heard about it. I should report this and..'

'They won't believe you boy, think about it a youngster claiming there's a new power,' the voice says mockingly. 'The princess is young, she will understand.'
'How do you think you will get to her?' 'I'm the prince I can just walk up to her and o...' He suddenly realize what he just said. 'Oh I knew that, Teddy didn't I thought it would be nice to tell him some day.'

Okay the voice is awesome, I should really give him a name but I want to think of a great one first.

'So.. you are a prince?' I ask Josh but he doesn't respond.

'Since he won't answer, I will. Your little friend over here is the heir of the throne of the elves and he's in trouble because he didn't want to kill a victim, so the reason he's carrying around more weapons than usual is because he's afraid what the elves will do.' 'How do you know all of this!' Josh yells and is clearly stressed. 'Let me out of here! Let me go! Let me go! Let me goooo!'

He's going insane..
'I don't know how!'
'Kiss his cheek again.'

I walk up to him put he pushes me away.

'Josh, you won't be able to leave if you don't let me close to you.' He sighs and let me kiss his cheek. 'Goodluck with that,' the voice says before I myself turn into physical form.

Josh immediately lets go of my chin and pushes me away.

'What was that! Never let me enter that again!'
'Chill, why are you so freaked out?' I ask the boy who's shaking.
'It.. that voice knows things and I don't know how. I don't like your power.'

I try to put my hand on his shoulder but he pulls me into a hug shaking badly.

'That place is awful!'
'It isn't that bad, you just see your own body and the surroundings...'
'Oh no you don't,' he cuts me off, 'it's horrible, it's dark, it's creepy.'
'I guess we see different things.' 'Teddy what is that place, why is that your power! Couldn't you just read minds or something.' 'It's not like I could choose and besides if you hadn't reacted the way you did when I told you, you would never been pulled in,' I say as I rub my hand up and down on his back trying to comfort him a bit.
'I.. I just don't understand! How?' 'Josh, if I knew I would tell you. I really don't understand it at all. I'm just learning how to control it and the voice is actually really helpful.'

I wait for him to react but he doesn't.

'I've never seen you this way.'
'It's because I need to be strong,' he mumbles.

He pulls away from the hug and stands up.

'No, you come back here. I wasn't done talking to you.'

He sighs but he sits down again and to be fair I'm kind of surprised by that.

I sit against the armrest with my legs stretched out on the couch and he's sitting between my legs resting against my body, we basically just moved positions.

'So..?'
'Why is it such a big problem that I know you're the heir?' I ask him.
'It isn't I just preferred to keep it a secret for you, I mean you litterly just know I'm an elf and I didn't know what you would do if I told that.
My biggest problem is, how does that voice know about it and why.. I'm being careful. It freaks me out.'
'I can't answer that for you,' I respond because I don't really know how to react.'I hate the fact we can't be together,' he suddenly mumbles and wants to leave.. again.

'No Josh,' I pull him back and hold him trapped in my arms, 'we will make it work okay?'
'I don't know if we can, I mean now I'm more in the human world and we can do our stuff here, but when I become king I'll be forced to marry someone and I'll mostly be trapped there.' He sighs. 'Times change..' 'Teddy as much as I would love to, as long as the mystical world isn't in peace it will never work.'

'We'll just have to bring back the peace.' 'What are you planning on doing?' His voice is sceptical.
'We don't need a myth when we can make compromises.'
'I don't want to sound rude, but you don't have any kind of status in the vampire city. No one will listen to you.' 'Look.. you don't have to believe in me, but I have a plan and I will try it. I got nothing to lose anyway,' I say. 'Me, Keith, Daren, Devan, Lizzy, Jo, your mom. You have a lot to lose.'

I sigh.

'You're going to do it anyway, aren't you.' 'Yeah.' 'You're stupid,' he says shaking his head. 'Have a bit of faith in me, I'm not asking anything else from you.' 'Only if you're okay with me telling my sister about your power.' 'Fine.' 'Fine, be careful.'

I didn't have a plan.. well I kind of did but it wasn't a good one. I just said I did because I want to be with this boy so badly.

So I spent the next couple days actually coming up with a plan, I need to. Originally I thought about a compromise being made through marriage, but that won't work if I haven't have a status, so he was right no one will listen to me.

I decided to explore the world beyond the forest, maybe that will give me a better plan.