41 drops of blood

After needing to do the maze all over again and taking the long way back to the "city of the elves".. I mean Earlmare, it's still a confusing to me, we finally made it back home.

We had some trouble getting passed the guards and they recognised us, but let us pass eventually.
Still.. I'm sure his dad will pay me a "visit."

I sigh and roll over.. the bed feels so cold without him. I feel lonely without him. I'm so in love with this guy and Louise is telling me it's fake.. I don't believe him.
'You should.'
'Louise not now, my life was fine without you!'
'You can try to suppress me and you can try to get rid of me, but it will never work. You will beg me to come back and explain everything.. the truth you desire.'
'Can you just go away I'm tired.'

I have been lost in thoughts for a long time but eventually I managed to fall asleep.
Now I'm awake again though, I got woken up by Josh entering my house like it's his.. maybe in some way it is, but you get what I mean.
He didn't say a thing.. he still haven't.

'Josh what's up?' I try for the hundredth time.

I roll my eyes and make my way back to bed, I mean it's morning.. maybe I can still sleep a bit.
Right when I want to close my eyes I feel his breath in my neck.

'Honestly.. what's wrong? You're acting weird. You can just ask for a hug if you need one.'

But when I turn around to look at him he's already fast asleep.. weird.
I should just ignore it I guess.

'

I get woken up by an earthquake.. well it feels like that.

'I'm awake.. Josh I'm awake, you can stop now.'

He stops shaking and just looks at me.

'Did you lose your tongue?'

He shakes his head and pulls me up.

'Just tell me what's wrong, this is annoying.'

He sighs and opens his mouth only to close it again.

'I.. lost.. my.. voice,' he says with difficulty. 'How did you lose it?' I ask laughing. 'Screaming.'

When I see his face my mood changes.. he looks terrified.

'Wait.. why did you scream what happened?' 'They.. hit me.'
'What do you mean?' I reply worried.

He doesn't say a thing but takes of his shirt. I don't really see anything until he turns his back at me.

'Holy.. who.. why?'

I'm speechless seeing him like this.

'My dad his.. orders, because we.. went away,' he says slowly.
'This is cruel.. I can't believe your own dad would make someone do this to you!'

His whole back looks horrible, wounds and bruises everywhere.

'Come on, let me take care of you,' I say as I touch his shoulder.

I grab the medical kit, that for some reason has been laying around in my house since I got here and open it.
I get out the stuff I need and lay them down on the bed next to him.

'This could bite a bit.. I'm sorry.'

I can see his body move in pain when I touch it.

'It should have been me,' I say as I sigh.

He grabs one of my hands and slowly moves his thumb up and down.

'It's.. fine Ted, don't.. bother.'
'I just can't believe it, I can't believe he would do this. Maybe I should just go back, I'm putting you in danger.'

He turns around, lays a hand on my cheek and looks me in the eyes.

'I don't care, we're doing this together.' 'I don't want you to get hurt,' I mumble back.

He pulls me in a hug and places a kiss on my neck. I giggle because of it and quickly cover my mouth. He laughs.. well tries to.

'You're very cute.'

I feel my cheeks heat up.. I'm blushing.. great. He touches my nose and puts on his shirt after that.

'Josh?' 'Hm?'
'I love you.' 'I love you too.'

I smile and walk downstairs after that.

'

'We're going to Patel.'
'Your voice is getting better!' I yell in excitement, 'Wait.. we're going where?'
'Patel, it's the old capital. When we all lived in peace that was the place where the king would rule. Now it's the home of creatures who can't go back to their cities.. most of them are banned. The place is small but it's safe and it's in the exact middle of the world.'

'Why do you want to go there?' I ask surprised.
'Like I said.. it's safe, we can work out our plans there without anyone interrupting.' 'And who says we'll be welcome there?'
'They want the same thing we want.. peace.'

I mentally roll my eyes, can't we just go a day without thinking about this weird plan?

'I liked you better when your voice wasn't working,' I mumble.
'Excuse you?' He presses me softly against the wall, 'what did you say?'
'I liked you better when your voice wasn't working,' I repeat.

'And why is that?' 'Because you're taking it all to serious.. I just want to go home,' I complain.
'It will all work out, just have patience.' 'Josh.. how long is it going to take, I understand that it isn't done within a few week, but I haven't been to the human world for a while.. I haven't spoken to friends for a while nor did I go to work. I just don't know how long I can take being in this world anymore.'

He bites his lip and looks away.

'What are you hiding?' I ask in suspicion. 'It's nothing important.' 'No.. tell me!' He sighs. 'Both you and your mom have been reported for missing in the human world.' 'What?' 'Jo was worried about you and well.. that happend, but it isn't particular bad. I don't think you will lose job this way?' 'How do you know this?'
'I have been there.. multiple times.' 'And you let me rot in this world?' I ask a bit mad.
'Teddy it's to dangerous for you to go there.'

I sigh and roll my eyes, I can easily take care of myself.

'Anyway, we're leaving tomorrow.' 'Excuse you? How do you want to sneak out again? They're probably keeping an eye on us!'
'You're right.. we will go at night.' 'What about sleeping?'
'You can survive a night without sleeping,' he responds.
'I'm not sure about that..'
'You'll get to sleep once we get there.. I won't wake you up, okay?'