56 drops of blood

'I have the results.'
'And?'
Marcel nods his head, 'You were right.' 'Very well.'

The king of the wizards and witches turns to me.

'Our theory is correct.. Teddy you have a small percentage of wizards blood.' 'Excuse you?' I ask confused. 'It's a long story. It happened many years ago.. five hundred, maybe even six hundred. A young man around the age of sixteen came to our city all alone. The world was still fighting so it was weird for us. He.. had a theory and wanted us to test it out on him, he used us to get an immortal life. It didn't work out for him, because he still died a few years later. This particular boy had an unusual power for a vampire, he could shape shift into a complete other looking vampire even change his voice.. that's how we didn't know that he was the original follow up from the vampires side. We used a high voltage electricity to combine some of our magic into his life, we thought it was nothing special until after, when he told us his plans before storming off. We made a mistake and when he died we thought it was over.. until he start speaking through his son and when this whole connection thing came out we knew we were the culprits. Because of this percentage of wizards blood and a few other ingredients he made himself immortal.. he's living his life through the lifes of his offsprings.'

I take a few seconds to take it in.

'Can I get rid of him?'

It seems to be the wrong question to ask. My body starts shaking heavily and no words seem to escape my mouth only weird throat sounds. It feels like I'm struck by lightning over and over again.

'Can't you just stop with it.'
'What do you mean?'
'Trying to get rid of me, many have tried no-one has every succeed. I can easily get you killed Teddy. I only need to send you back to the vampires or to the human world and get you to attack someone.' 'You can't do that.'
'Why is that?' 'Because the connection will end, I'm the last one. You won't get what you want.' 'Tsk.. pathetic.' 'You know I'm right.' 'Just shut up.'

I feel how my head hits the table and see the world turn black after that.

Pov Josh
Teddy keeps on screaming in a language none of us understands the words leaving his trembling body.

'Does this happen often?' 'No, like he speaks in that language.. but he never gets attacked like this.' 'Attacked?' 'This is Louise for sure,' I say as I try to prevent Teddy from falling off the chair. 'We didn't thought it could get this aggressive.' 'Louise even used his body to attack me one time,' I say with an awkward chuckle.

'So he's dangerous?' 'Who Teddy or Louise?' 'Both.' I laugh silently.
'Louise is dangerous, Teddy would maybe kill a fly.. that's about it.'
'Is that why he wants to break the connection?' 'I don't know, sometimes he seems to get on well with him.. other times this kind of stuff happens or he's yelling at him. But can he break this connection?' I ask just to make sure. 'If he dies without getting children.' 'He's gay so that isn't a problem,' I say jokingly trying to break the intense vibe hanging around.

Suddenly his head falls on the table.

'I think he's out,' Leyton stated.
'That means Louise is too, we should let him rest for now,' I sigh and think about what was said just a few minutes ago, 'But is there a way to break the connection other than him dying?' 'I don't know, it's not like we've been studying about that aspect.'

'One last thing, Teddy seems to have literally every power you can imagine.. how did that happen?' 'Wait.. every single power you can imagine.. that's impossible. Yes some of us are gifted with more than others but all of them?' 'I know.. I don't understand it as well, I hoped you did,' I sigh and get up, 'can we get a room?' 'Of course, Leyton if you wouldn't mi..' 'Follow me.'

Rude against his king.. as always.

'

'Is he going to be okay?' He asks once we reached a room.

I've been carrying Teddy up around four sets of stairs and through I don't know how many hallways. I carefully lay the boy down on the bed.

'He will be fine, he will probably have a headache, feel a bit anxious and confused.. but I'm happy to help him with that.' 'You two seem to be very close.' 'Yes.. yes we are, maybe even to close,' I reply shaking my head.

'I'm happy you found someone.. but will you even be able to become king this way?' 'I'll probably be forced to marry a woman, they've been trying to link me to different ones already. If I can't be with him.. I won't become king.' 'Even if he's dangerous?'
'Even if he's dangerous.'

He gives me a pet on my shoulder, 'I'm proud of you.'
'What do you mean?'
'Doing what you want, not what your father wants.'

I laugh and shake my head.. I missed being around him. We basically grew up together.. we were neighbors back in Canada.

'Anyway, I'll be going now. If you need anything, you know where to find me.'

I nod and watch him walk out of the room.

I feel how someone grabs my shirt and pulls at it. I look at Teddy and see terror in his eyes.

'I'm here.. calm down.'

I sit down on the bed and let him crawl up against me. He buries his head in my chest. I can feel his body shiver against mine.

'He can't kill me,' he suddenly whispers, 'it will end the connection.' 'I know.' 'But does that mean that dying is the only option?' His voice is hoarse. 'No, there must be another option.'

He sighs and cuddles up to me again.

'Please don't leave.' 'Honey.. I'm not going anywhere.'