64 drops of blood

Pov Josh

'Keith?' He turns his head towards me, 'can I talk with you in private?'
'Are you going to kill me?' He asks.
'No?' I laugh at him and give him a confused look. 'I dunno.. you never talk with me in private so it's suspicious to me.'

He leads me to another living room.. jeez this house is even bigger than I imagined.

'So.. what's wrong?'

I take a deep breath.. I'm doing this.

'Uhm.. has Teddy ever told you about an other world?' 'What?' He asks while laughing about my question.
'An other world.. a Mystical world.'
'What have you been drinking.'

I groan out of annoyance.

'Look, I know that you know that Teddy is a vampire.' 'Good joke.'

My hands shake as I try to not throw him against the wall.

Suddenly I get an idea

'Keith,' I open a few buttons of my blouse to reveal the bite mark in my neck, 'you don't have to keep this secret to me.'

He walks up to me and traces the mark in my neck with his fingers.

'So you're saying that this was Teddy.. that would mean you know where he is.' 'In the world I mentioned.'

He takes a few minutes to think.

'So you knew where he was the whole fucking time and you are only telling me now! I've been so worried about him.' 'I didn't know you knew, Teddy only just told me,' I reply to defend myself.

'So he leaves and doesn't tell me about it?' 'It didn't go that way, he was actually captured and he would've been dead if I hadn't got him out of there.'

He gives me another confused look.

'Wait so you're a vampire as well?'

I start laughing but stop when I realise he can't know that.

'So you're not.. it doesn't make any sense.' 'Keith.. vampires aren't the only creatures in that world.'
'Can you stop being so vague and just tell me? You just told me that you know where my buddy, who has been missing for months, is.. please I just want to know everything now.'

I explain everything to him.

'It all sounds like a made up story..'
'I'm not that creative and you know that, besides you can ask him yourself,' I state calmly.
'Wait he's coming back?'
'We've been working on it and I hope that within a month he's free to go wherever he wants again and..'
'Not really, the police will question him.. he will be forced to talk with numerous amount of therapist and I don't think the media will leave him alone either. He will never be able to live a normal life again.'

I sigh.

'Do you think I don't know that? It has been the only thing I've been thinking about since this all stared.'

'I should probably go now.. I don't want to leave Ted alone for that long.' 'I understand.. I still don't know what to believe but.. I hope you're speaking the truth and I will see him again soon.' 'I'm sorry for the fact I haven't told you,' I mumble and turn around to walk away. 'Josh,' he lays a hand on my shoulder, 'look after him okay?'

'

When I finally get back I notice Teddy lying on bed his legs are spread out and so are his arms.. he's acting like he's a starfish again. I change my clothes and try to lay down next to him but it's impossible.

'Teddy.. I want to sleep as well,' I whisper to him hoping he will react.

He groans and wraps his arms and legs around mine.

'Are you awake?' 'Maybe.'

He sounds really tired.. I think I just woke him up.

I pull him even closer to me and lay my head down on top of his.

'Goodnight,' I whisper and give him a quick kiss.
'Night.. love you,' he mumbles with a huge yawn in between his words.
'It's okay to sleep now, I'm here.' 'You're not that.. special.' He yawns again. 'You and I both know you were waiting for me.'

Pov Teddy

'Okay please just give me the painkillers.' 'I warned you!'

Slowly and carefully I walk towards him.

'I get it, you made your point. But please.. I didn't know it would still hurt this bad.'
'It wouldn't have if you were careful, so it's your own fault,' he states emotionless.

'Are you okay?' I ask, grab his upper arm and look him in the eyes. 'Yea.. sorry just distracted.' 'Oh.. if you need something from me just tell me and I will..' 'Try to help, it's fine Ted really,' he exhales deeply, 'I'm fine.'
'You don't make it sound like you're.'

He places a hand on my cheek and rubs his thumb up an down carefully while giving me a loving look.

'It's okay.. alright? You have enough to worry about.. don't worry about me.'

'Anyway.. I got the letters ready you wanted to send away, but maybe we should go back to Patel first.. if they don't want us to do it there we need a plan B,' he continues. I nod at him.

We choose Patel to be the city to have this meeting in, because it's the easiest for everyone to get to. The only problem is that the place is filled with people who have been banned and I don't know if it would work out.

'We're leaving this afternoon.'
'You could've told me that yesterday!' I yell at him from across the room.
'The amount of noice you can make is shocking.' 'I hate you,' I mumble back. 'I know, but would you love me more if I told you I'm planning on giving you painkillers?' 'A bit.'
'Don't get to addicted to this stuff though.'