50 drops of blood

I focus and let myself enter the real time again.

His body collapses on mine and even though I did my best to secure the stool it still shakes a bit.

His eyes are full of terror.

'Wha..what?' He stutters once he sees he isn't laying on the ground.
'Hey,' I say dryly.
'Teddy.. what did you just do? Don't you know how risky this was?'
'Worse case scenario I bruised some ribs,' I say like it's nothing.. which he doesn't seem to take so lightly.
'Hell Ted.. don't risk something like this again.'
'So next time I just let you fall.. got it,' a low growl leaves my mouth, 'you could at least have tried to catch yourself up a little bit.'
'Teddy.. honey, you gave me like 0.2 seconds to react.. I need at least 0.8. Are you alright though?' 'Yeah no I'm fine, I just want you to get of my lap.'

He looks at me probably deciding whether or not I'm mad.

'Well.. it looks like you completely fell for me.' 'Oh my.. Teddy! Look I'm happy you're building up confidence.. but.. that joke was just bad.'
'I guess I won our competition,' I say with a chuckle. 'You weren't impressing me with that joke though.' 'You didn't have a proper comeback so.. I won.' 'I didn't know if you understood what I was doing.'

I let out a chuckle once again.

'Of course I understood it. You weren't hiding it either.'

'We should get out of the shower.. we've been in here for so long.'
'I get it.. you don't want to see me,' he says dramatically.
'Maybe I really don't want to.'
'I doubt that.. so want me to dry your hair as well?' 'Do you want to?'

He sighs and steps out of the shower.

'You can try to just say yes for once.'
'I would love to.' 'Or that.. yeah that works,' he says hiding a smile which makes me chuckle.

'That's not just my hair anymore,' I say once he moves on to my shoulders.

He dried himself first and dried my hair after that.

'You just used yourself to catch me up.. let me at least dry the top bit of your body.' I sigh but allow him to.

'Okay, you will be able to dry the rest of your body yourself right?' I nod as response. 'Good, let me get your pyjamas.' 'Josh,' I stop him once he lays his hand on the doorknob. 'Yes?' 'Can you get me one of your shirts.'
'Of course I can.'

'Oh and.. shouldn't you wear like.. more clothes?'
'Thalia is downstairs and we're going to bed, I'm not going to dress to undress again.' I shake my head.
'You could have at least wear a towel.'

Once he returns I'm done as well and pull his shirt over my head. It's oversized on me.. that was my goal though.

'It looks great on you. Are you sure you don't want to..'
'No, I almost died of the heat last time.' 'Well let's get to bed.' He places a kiss on my cheek before we make our way back to the bedroom.

'

'What's on your mind?' I ask when he has been quiet for some time.
'It surprises me how comfortable you got with me in just a few minutes.' 'What do you mean?'
'Already showing your legs after we just had a conversation about it.'

I sigh.

'Is it a bad thing to try and feel comfortable around my own boyfriend?' 'No,' he places a kiss on the back of my neck, 'no it isn't.'
'In that case.. don't bring it up.'

He warps his arms tighter around me and mumbles something sounding like an alright.

'You're really tired aren't you?'
'How aren't you tired?' I let out a quiet chuckle, 'I'm exhausted.' 'Oh.. why aren't we sleeping right now?' 'Because..' I stopt to think about what I wanted to say, 'because.. when you're tired you get extremely clingy and I.. enjoy your hugs.' 'Oh really..'

I can just imagine how big his grin is.

Luckily Thalia walks in to safe me from the trap I was getting myself into.

'Are you guys like.. always cuddling? Or am I just unlucky to catch you every time.' 'This city is extremely warm..' 'So?' 'Teddy is cold.'

I can notice her trying to suppress a laugh.

'So he's using you as a cooler?'
'Yea.. but he can expect me to return the favour when we get to Zeor.'

I remember how he told me Zeor was basically just snow everywhere.

'Hm?' He seems to be more aware of the conversation.
'I'm going to use you as a heater.' 'Mmh.. seems fair.'
'Is he always like this when he's tired?' She whispers to me.
'No mostly only after we've been.. through something.'
I feel his grip around me tighten even more. 'And believe me.. he enjoys it.' I laugh at his response. 'Not all the time,' I reply honestly.. I mostly meant in public with that. 'I know.. again, why aren't we sleeping right now?'

I roll over to my side to meet his eyes.

'I don't know,' I answer his question. 'Thalia.. goodnight. I'm going to take this little thing right here and use it like a pillow.'

He pulls me even closer to himself.

'Did you just call me a thing?' I ask just a little bit offended.
'Mhm.. I guess I did.'

He's changeling me.. yet I decide to not play this game and bury my head in his chest.