22 drops of blood

I just made it through the dark haunted forest and even though everything was frozen, I didn't like the vibe hanging around it.

I am met by a large green field filled with flowers, I never thought this would be here. It's so bright and colourful.

'You need to go back to physical form for a while, you're using to much power.'
'What do you mean with using power?' I ask the voice.
'It's like running for a while, you will get tired. If you use your power for to long you will also get tired, it's safe to let it rest for a bit.'
'Oh okay, well talk to you later.' 'Goodluck and watch out for creatures, everyone will recognise a vampire.'

I get back to my physical form and immediately search for a hiding spot, but there isn't. It's just an open field.
I can only hide in the forest and I really don't want to go back.

I take a good look around and start walking after that, walking to I don't know where. I'm very careful and pay close attention to my surroundings, I don't want to be caught.

Suddenly I hear horses, I just crossed the field and hide behind a big rock.

I hoped they would leave but instead they stop, why right here.

I keep as quiet as possible and try to secretly look at who it are. It turns out to be elves, well I guess they are.

Out of nowhere one of them turns around and looks into my direction. I quickly get down but slip and make a noise. I look around but can't find an other place to hide without them seeing me running away. So I just wait, wait to be found.

I get pulled up by one of the two elves.

'How did you cross the forest?'

It's a female with bright green eyes and long brown hair with blond highlights.

'It's okay Alicia this one isn't dangerous.' The other elf joins.
'How do you know that?' She asks sceptical.
'It's the vampire I told you about.'
'Oh, I thought he would be well.. bigger.. more flesh on the bones, more muscles and stuff. Are you really into this?' 'Okay that's rude,' I mumble. 'He's strong.. with words.'
'Okay you guys are clearly family,' I mumble again.

'Anyway, I told you to be careful. You should be happy we're the ones who found you, you would be in so much trouble otherwise.'
'I was careful,' I murmur.
'What did you say? Man you really need to raise your voice.'

I don't know if I like his sister or not, I just found out he even has one.

'Why isn't there someone with you?' I decide to ask since it seems weird to me to let a prince and princess go away alone.

'This place is safe, the only ones who can attack us are vampires since you didn't fill in the form. We, all the other creatures, promised to not fight with eachother this close to the border.' 'Oh, okay,' I reply.
'So what are you doing here? What's your plan?' Josh asks me. 'Euhm..'
'Are you kidding me.. you don't have a plan do you?'

He shakes his head at me, grabs my arm and pulls me towards him. He brings his mouth near my ear.

'It's to dangerous for you here and I don't want to fucking lose you, okay,' he whispers.

That's kind of cute.. no my mind needs to focus on other things he's right.. he's completely right.

'You should go back until you have a plan,' he says as he steps away.
'I can't right now.' 'Why?'
'Well, turns out my power gets tired,' I say with an awkward chuckle.
'How long do you need?'
'Give me a second,' I respond and let the world around me freeze.

'I thought I told you to let your power rest,' the voice immediately states. 'Yes, about that.. for how long?'
'Give it two hours, you should have enough to cross the forest and the walls after that.'

I go back into my physical form, well it didn't feel like I did it, it felt like I got forced.

'Two hours, I need two hours,' I tell the two creatures standing before me. 'Well, euhm..' Josh doesn't know what to say.  'It's alright, I will tell them you are hiking for a bit longer and will come home after that. Bring him to our secret hide out and wait with him until he can leave.'
Josh doesn't say anything and just nods.

Soon afterwards his sister leaves and we're left alone. We just stand still and stare at the surroundings for a while until he takes my hand and leads me to his horse.

'Oh fuck,' I whisper. 'What?'
'I really don't like horses.'
'Just.. just hold onto me, nothing will happen to you.'

With hesitation I get on the horse and have my arms wrapped around him like my life depends on it.

'So.. here we are.'

We get off the horse and he wraps the leash around a tree.
After that he grabs my hand and leads me through some trees until we reach a treehouse? But on the ground.. so just a house I guess.
It clearly is homemade.

We go inside and I see a couch and a lot of books stacked up in a corner.

'This is the place me and my sister hide to get away from the stress of our city sometimes.'
'What are all these books about?' I ask while walking over to them and picking up one.
'Forbidden books,' he simply responds, grabs the book out of my hands and puts it down again.
'So.. what are we going to do now?' I ask while looking at the walls.

Before I get an answer I get pushed onto the couch.

'You're so stupid you know that, you could have been dead. Tell me next time you're going to walk around on the other side of the forest. What were you even doing?'
I had seen him angry many times before, but this was different.
'Josh..' I stop talking and just give up. But it's like he knows he had upset me. 'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm just so afraid of losing you.' 'Stop being such a baby, I can look after myself.' I immediately cover my mouth after saying that. He starts laughing. 'You're adorable sometimes.' 'Shut up.' He laughs again and holds my chin carefully in his hands.

'Euhm.. I like your ears,' I say because he's just starring at me.
'Thanks, I like yours and I never knew your skin could get any paler.'
'So.. what are you doing?' I ask since he's still looking at me.
'Looking at your eyes.' 'Why?'
'They are so much brighter than I'm used to see, well it's not like a see a lot of vampires in this world but the ones that I saw never had such a bright spark.'
'Maybe it's just because I'm young?' 'Yeah.. maybe.,' he says with his head in a totally different place.

Suddenly he puts his lips on mine and doesn't stop, we make out for an amount of time that's even special to us.