30 drops of blood

I've spend the last couple of days in a small prison cell.

I have two days left.. two days until they will eliminate me.. they will hang me.

I haven't heard from Josh since the day they caught me and I'm not expecting it either, it's to dangerous.

There have been a lot of demonstrations and riots about the fact they locked up a "youngster" without being certain he did anything.

But they said, my upcoming death, is a warning for anyone who ever want to start a revolution again.

The doors open and the same people walk in.. it are always the same people.

'And are you going to talk today?' One of them asks with a smirk.
'I have nothing to say.'

I get brought over to a room which I've seen almost every day since I've been here.. it's a torture chamber.

They are trying to get everything out of me, but I haven't told them anything.. not even a small little detail. It does mean I get out of there completely ruined.. completely beaten up and bruised.
My body is covered in nasty wound and bruises the sizes of tennis balls.

'So mister Wood telling us something today? You only have two days left, maybe you won't hang if you tell us everything.'
'I have nothing to tell you, I wasn't involved in this whole thing and I hope you feel great for torturing a minor,' I say with hatred in my eyes.

I get hit in my face for saying that.

'You don't have any rights here. You better start saying things or we could move your death day even closer.'

I know that that's meant to intimate me, but it does nothing to me not even a single scratch. I don't care.. they can torture me as much as they want, I won't speak.

Completely exhausted I've been laying on the floor of my cell for the last couple of hours.

It's a good thing this place doesn't have a mirror, because I'm sure I look horrible.
My clothes are bloody because of the infected wounds underneath, honestly why am I even alive.

Suddenly I hear footsteps, not just one pair.. it sounds like more.. did they really move my death day?

People with some sort of cloth over their head walk in my room.

'You don't know me,' one of them whisper into my ear.. I know this voice.. I know who this is.

'So mister Wood, congratulations.. you did it. You've even made the elves mad. They will take it over from here.. I didn't expect them, but since they can give you a more cruel death I agreed with them. They are taking you with them, it was great to meet someone so stubborn as you for a while.'

I roll my eyes at the man, I hate him.. I hate him so much.

My arms are being hold at my back and an arm roughly around my waist leads me outside.

We take a shortcut to the forest.
I expect them to stop here, but they walk further into the haunted forest.. But it doesn't look haunted all of a sudden, it's like a path is created for them.

It takes some while before we pass the border and I'm still a bit confused about what happened.. he came.. he saved me.. right?

As soon as we pass the border the elves remove the cloth and I honestly would want to jump into the arms of the one who has been leading me out of this mess, but I don't know if I can so I don't.

That question gets answered pretty quickly though, he grabs my waist, ducks down a little bit and presses his lips against mine.

Kissing me until we get interrupted by his sister.

'I know it's all quite romantic, but we need to reach our city before the evening strikes. Let's get to our horses.'
'You came..' I start but stop talking.
'Of course I did, I couldn't let them kill you, I love you. Besides you haven't even got the chance to finish your plan.' 'Wait what did you just say?' 'That you couldn't finish your plan?' 'No.. that other thing,' I say with a small chuckle. 'I love you?'
'Yeah.. that, I wanted to hear that again.'

He shakes his head and helps me onto his horse, which I still don't like.

'Why did you run? Why didn't you, you know use your power.'
'I don't know, Louise told me to.'
'I'm not sure if we can trust this Louise guy,' he mumbles.

We have a long journey before we finally reach the city of the elves. He helps me off of his horse.

'Josh.. what will happen to me, I'm a vampire in a city full of elves.'
'I know don't worry, we're here to protect you.' He smiles, but that smile fades quickly when he goes through the gate.

'So where are we going?' 'Our prison.'

I stand still and everyone else does as well.

'What?' 'I'm sorry, but you need to wait there until we can talk to my father. It's to dangerous to let you walk around freely.'

I sigh and continue walking.

'I'm sorry Teddy,' he whispers while walking next to me.
'I know, you don't have an other choice.. I get it.'

We walk until we reach their prison, they keep me on a level without any prisoners at all and the room is bigger than I thought it would be.