17 drops of blood

It happens again.. I leave my own body again.

It has been happening for the last few days and I don't know why it's happening. It's annoying but useful, I just don't know why it's happening.

I look at my group of friends sitting in a circle playing with cards. I could cheat and look at their cards, but I'm not like that.

There's something I immediately notice though, only Josh doesn't look like himself while the others do.
It's weird and I begin to wonder if he was hinting to him not being a human a few days ago.

Everyone's pockets become translucent and I can see what everyone is carrying around, what's the point of that? Until I lock eyes at the pockets of Josh, he's carrying more weapons with him than usual.

I look at my own body and I immediately realise why this happened, a strange man stands behind me.. wait strange.. I recognise this man.

'Dad?' I say not expecting an answer. 'I finally have the chance to talk to you again and I don't know what to say.' 'I'm so sorry for what happened to Tori and mom, I'm so sorry for letting you down. I'm sorry for being the weak one in a family name with strong ones,' I immediately say.
'You don't have to say sorry, I'm proud of you. You don't have to be like us.'
I smile at him not knowing what to say. 'You're developing your power Teddy that's why this is happening.'
'I can stop time?' I reply surprised. 'Yes, but I need to go again. I will be watching over you, be careful with that boy.'

I want to hug him but he disappears in my arms and I go back in my physical form.

'How did you get up this quickly?'

I look behind me but I don't see anyone.

'I.. I need some air.' I stand up and walk to the balcony of the apartment.

I stand outside and stare at the air.

'Here have some water.'

Someone pushes a glass in my hand. I smell it just to make sure.

'Dude this is alcohol.'
'Come on, it will cheer you up.'
'I don't drink Josh,' I say as I give the glass back. He puts it away on a table and puts an arm around my shoulders. 'What's wrong Ted?'

'Why are you carrying so much weapons?' I ask and ignore his question.
'How do you know that?' He responds. 'Why are you carrying them?' I repeat. 'It's for my own safety.' 'Why?' 'I'm trying to stop.' 'With?'
'Killing vampires.' 'Why?'
'I guess you changed me.'
'Lets just say it's because your mom turned out to be alive and you haven't had the rage to kill anyone anymore,' I say as I look away. 'Come on, you and I both know we like eachother.'

'You remember that figure?'
'Of course I do.. it hasn't been more than a few days,' he answers and laughs shortly.
'Turns out I'm developing my power.' 'Really? What is it?' He asks enthusiastic. 'I'm not going to tell you.' 'But I'm curious!' He says sadly.
'I saw my dad and he told me to be careful.' 'How did you see him?'
'The same way as I saw how many weapons you're carrying.' He gives me a confused look but doesn't say anything.

It's quiet but it isn't an awkward silence, I'm inside Josh's arms and for some reason I feel safe.

'Are you guys comi.. nevermind I'm interrupting something I guess.'
'No.. no we're coming,' Josh says and lets me go.

We return back to the group and continue the round we we're playing after that I go home, my actually home.

'You aren't getting hunted for wanting to stop being a hunter, that's bullshit,' I state once we reach my door.
'It's the group I'm part of, I'm just scared of what they could do.'
'But your dad is part of the same group right, he won't let them touch you.' 'They could do something to him,' he says and looks at the ground. 'It will be fine.' 'You don't understand my world, okay?'

I don't reply to him and step inside of my house.

'Maybe you should allow me in it,' I say before closing the door.

After a few seconds I open the door again.

'You want a goodbye hug?' Josh asks. 'Yeah..' He shakes his head and pulls me into a hug. 'See you soon, text me when you know more about your mom.' 'I will,' I say quietly and hold his hands in mine.
'You're cute sometimes you know that right?' 'Shut up,' I say and quickly let his hands go. 'That's unfortunately.' 'Shut up.' 'Make me.' 'I'm not feeling it today,' I say as I walk away.

'Be careful out there!' 'I will. See you.'

'Teddy..' 'What?' I say as I turn around. 'I'm sorry.' 'For?' He doesn't answer and walks away.

I decide to ignore it and walk inside of my home closing and locking the front door behind me.

Why is he telling me to be careful?
I'm going to the vampire world to look for my mom and ask what is happening. I haven't been there for so long and I have never been there alone, I don't like it there. I hardly remember how to get there, but it actually isn't that hard. You just need to walk through a wall.. just like Harry Potter and station 9¾