47 drops of blood

Pov Josh

Suddenly the world around me starts to shake.

I fall to the ground once again letting out a whine as my head hits the ground.

Who of the two did this?

My question gets answered as two hands gently lead my head to his lap. His hand goes through my hair.

'Please tell me you can see what I do.' I carefully open my eyes.
'Depends if you also see the living room.' He smiles at me. 'I did it!'
His excitement fades again.
'But I hurt you in the process.. are you alright?' 'I'm fine Ted.. I'm proud of you.'

I look at the couch.. we're sitting there. Time is really frozen.

'Isn't it weird to see yourself like this?' I ask him.
'I never really stay in one place when I'm doing this.. what's the point of that?'

I laugh at his response.

'You seem to be taller.'
'I'm cheating with hight right now,' he lets out a soft chuckle, 'I'm floating.' 'Aha.'

I sit up more straight.

'Oh and this is how I see what you're carrying around.'

I look over at myself and see my pockets turning translucent.

'I never really understood it but I've been practicing here a lot lately.'
'Is that why you're so tired?'
'Refilling energy you mean?'
Oh great.. Louise is still here, then again I came to speak to him.

'I thought I had shut you up,' Teddy mumbles. 'Wait you can do that?' I ask surprised. 'He has been trying to.'
'You gave me false hope.'

Why is Ted being so calm with Louise here? Whenever they talk in the real time he seems to stress out.. now he's just calm.

'It's easy to explain Josh, now it's his own choice to be here. When I slip trough in real time it comes over as aggressive.' 'How did you..' 'He tends to read minds,' Teddy answers me.

'Teddy sweetheart.. I don't want to ruin your tour but you're half way through your energy.'

He called him sweetheart.. the thought of it makes me vommit. Teddy starts laughing I raise my eyebrow and look at him.

'I chose the perfect time to try if I could read minds,' he explains, 'Louise can you warn me when I'm at ten procent?'
'Twenty,' he corrects him. 'Twenty? Ten is enough to get out of here without being extremely tired.'
'You're with two persons now, you will carry his weight.'
'Sorry,' I murmur quickly.
'No it's fine I just expect you to carry me to bed.'

I hear Louise laugh.. I don't know whether or not that's bad.

'Watch out with what you say Ted, I will do it.'

He smiles shyly.. he wants me to.. didn't aspect that.

'

'Anyway you wanted to speak to me?' 'Yeah right,' I say remembering why I was here again. I don't know if Teddy wants to hear me though.
'Don't worry about him, he's practicing.' 'Practicing?' I repeat.
'He's trying to find out how things work on his own.. he doesn't want my help.' 'I understand that thought,' I mumble back.
'No need to hate me so much Joshua.'

Teddy looks over to me.

'Your full name is Joshua?' He says with a cute little chuckle.
'Yea.. I thought I was good at hiding that.' 'Mmh,' he stops and thinks, 'I like it.' 'You're so cute Ted, now go on and focus on something else.'

'You do really like him don't you?'
'I'm madly in love with him,' I reply and quickly look over to make sure he is focusing on something else.
'It's such a shame.'
'What? Are you going to keep trying to kill me?' 'I could already have many times, Teddy is still family you know.. I don't want to do that to him yet.'

I totally get it now.

'So that's why you're telling him that you caused our relationship to happen. To make it hurt less when you finally take the chance to make me bleed.' 'You're right.. the first time he was fighting it so badly. I just couldn't let you die yet,' he explains.

'Why are you so calm here?'
'Teddy feels feelings.. how weird it sounds. If I'm aggressive he will scream totally tiring both of us out.' 'So when I'm tense..' 'He feels it.. almost ten times worse than you do.' 'I feel bad now,' I say quietly.
'You couldn't have known.'

'I must say I enjoy watching your little adventure.' 'Hm?' 'Trying to figure out what he is and why.. but shouldn't you two focus on how you want to unite everyone?' 'We should.. we aren't ready for it yet, I hope to just get people on our side already while doing this... Why do you care? You want to rule alone right?' I ask a bit suspicious. 'You're trying to get rid of me, why wouldn't I care?'

I sigh he's right though.

'I do want to rule, I still want to.. I've been waiting for it for years. Being treated like shit by half of my family, ignore by one forth.. Teddy is one of the people who hates me but still cares at least a bit about me.'
'He does?' 'He has me and his mom.. that's all the family he has.'

I sigh.

'It's difficult for him right?'
'Yes it is, why do you think he's being really careful with you.. he doesn't like to risk hurting you and lose you because of that. He has me and you as guideline, he obviously trust you more than me. If he loses you his guideline, his buddy, his love and his protector is gone.'

It's weird hearing this from Louise but it makes sense.

'Can't you just tell me what he is?'
'I don't know it either, I only knew somewhere in the bloodline there would be an odd one out and it's Teddy.. he's really powerful, it's almost scary.'
'How do you know about every single power he has and he doesn't?' I decide to ask.
'His dad died when he was ten, his dad was brutal, but yes.. his dad died when he was ten so I've had this connection since he was ten. It took me six years to figure everything out.'

A whine escapes my throat again when I feel a sharp pain going through my body.

'Teddy you need to try to target someone, now you just and up hurting all of us.'

He immediately looks at me after he said that.

'Are you okay?'
'I'm fine Teddy don't worry.'
'Don't lie,' he mumbles.

'

'Teddy you're at twenty.'
'Well let's get out of here.'
'We will continue our conversation later,' Louise assures me and to be honest I don't know if I should be happy with that.

Teddy kisses my cheek and before I know it the world unfreezes.

I look at Teddy.. he seems to be in pain.

'Are you hurt?' I carefully asks.