61 one drops of blood

I look at the boy who's trying to fit everything into one backpack.. it's never going to work, we took to much with us.

He turns around and my eyes fall on his neck.

'Come closer.'
'Sure?'

He walks up to me and I sign him to sit down. Carefully I try to sit up then I place my hand on his neck and start searching for the spot.. I can't see it anymore.

'Your bite mark is gone.' 'You noticed that? I kind of just forgot about it to be fair.' 'Don't know.. I just got attached to it I guess..'

'Give me a new one then.' 'Hm?' I ask to make sure I heard him right.
'Give me a new one,' he repeats. 'Shouldn't you be packing though?'
'I should.. but I thought you would bite me.. then you started over the bite mark so..' He chuckles awkwardly. 'I wouldn't feed from you without permission.. I'm a polite vampire.'
'Says the one who bit my sister!'

I groan and throw a pillow at him.

'Love you,' he says, places a small kiss on the top of my head and continues packing.

'I can carry two backpacks, you know that right?' 'I know, but it's more comfortable for you if everything is in one,' he replies calmly.
'The weight will be the same.'
'I know.. I just want you to have less difficultly okay.'

'I can try to help you,' I say as I sit up again.

With difficulty I get out of bed and stumble towards him.

'Oh.. you weren't kidding,' he says surprised, 'get your ass back in bed.' 'Why?' 'Because you haven't had any painkillers yet and this way you're hurting,' he says as he cups my face in his hands. 'It's my own fault.'
'Oh I know how stupid you were.. don't get me started about that.'
'Well.. I can feel the love again.'

'You want to feel love? Come here then fucker.' 'I'm already here,' I say and bite my lip nervously.

He puts his lips on mine and soon after I feel a sharp pain in my arm.

'I hate you,' I mumble. 'You will love me when they start working.'
'I know.. I just hate needles,' I explain ashamed. 'That's why I did it when you couldn't see it.'
'You could have just gave me some pills.' 'That's not enough.. you've really hurt yourself seriously this time.'

'I hate this stuff though,' I mumble as I carefully sit down on the bed again. 'Why?'
'It's making me even more tired.'

He kneels down before me and lays one of his hands on my knee.

'If you want to stay to fully rest you can tell me and if there's anything else you need from me just ask.'
'I'm fine really.. just tired.'

I let my body fall back in the soft material.

'Are you almost do..' 'If you waited one more minute I would be.'
'Sorry I just w..' He cuts me off again. 'Want to go, I know.'

'Well get your ass out of bed then.' 'Yea s..sorry.'

He shakes his head and lends me a hand.

'Do you think you will manage looking at my neck all day?' 'Yea..'
'As longs as you warn me I'm happy to be a donor, remember that okay.'
I sigh, 'it's almost like you want me to feed from you.' 'I don't want you to feel even more miserable.'

'

'Leaving so soon?'

I turn around to see the alpha standing behind us.. we literally just reached the border line of their area.

'Why so surprised? It's obvious we're going to hear you leave,' he continues.

My eyes glances over his burned shoulder.. the breaking point. My heart starts beating faster.. I'm a monster, look at what I've done to him. He has a huge burn mark on his shoulder, bruises all over his face and wounds everywhere. But then again.. I don't look that great as well.

My chest is covered with enormous scars and so are more pieces of my body. The ones in my left lower arm the deepest.. they would need stitches, but those aren't available for me right now. Those scars might not even be the worse bit.. a big part of my neck is bruised.

'Well you two are quiet.. why are you leaving already?'
'Because.. the war has started and we need to be fast to make it end as soon as possible,' I answer.
'Shouldn't you let your body rest?' 'Shouldn't you do the same?' I ask trying to hide the sound of annoyance in my voice.

He laughs.. softly, quietly.

'Goodluck Teddy, I believe in you.'

I smile and nod.

'

After that we walk further away from the werewolves area. Once we're far enough away Josh takes me on his back and we continue our journey to the next forest.

'I don't think I like the werewolves.' 'No you just don't like their leader and you didn't take the time to meet others,' he corrects me.
'Fine have it your way.'
'Bit salty honey?' 'Mostly tired of this shit, I just want to go home.. work at that mind killing job again.'

'Mind killing?' He repeats.
'Like you said before.. me and people.' 'Why are you working there then?'
'I needed a job fast.. I didn't want to lose the home,' I say as a sigh leaves my mouth. 'I can't imagine that's enough to pay the bills.' 'It isn't.. that's why there's no money left for me to go to university,' I take a deep breath, 'if I go back after this.. the house will be gone.. I will have lost my job and have nowhere to go.'
'No.. I don't think you'll lose your home,' he says distracted by something. 'And why is that? Both me and my mother have been gone for months.' 'Because I say so.'

It has been awkwardly quiet after that so I decide to start a conversation again.

'What are we going to do once this is all behind us?' 'What do you mean?' 'If I go back to the human world.. what are we going to tell everyone?' I ask calmly. 'I honestly don't know.. I haven't thought about that yet.'

'Is it a big deal?' 'Is what?'
'The disappearance of me and my mom,' I say. 'I wouldn't kn..'
'Yes you do, don't act like I don't notice you go to the human world when I'm sleeping or busy.'
'You notice that?' He asks disappointed.

I just nod.

'It's a big deal yea.. there are a lot of theories and our friends are devastated.'

'I want to go back.' 'I know.. after Thimit Forest there are five cities left. Two in the North East and three in the South West.' 'Isn't there a way to travel quicker?' I ask already thinking about the amount of time it's going to take us. 'If we use the portals.'
'Why aren't we?' 'I don't want to risk you getting spotted.' 'If we use yours we c..' He cuts me off with a no and the tense mood from earlier is back again.

'And what if we send letters?'
'How are you going to prove that they're from you,' he mutters harshly.

Has he already thought of every possibility and I'm annoying him with false hope?

'I can think of something.'
'No.. you're going to let Louise think for you.'

I let out a deep sigh and lighten my grip around him.

'Do you need a break?' 'Yea..'

We sit down on the ground against a tree well.. Josh does and I sit against him, his body is just softer you know.

'About those letters.. what were you thinking of doing?'
'I don't know.. make the ink appear or something.. but I don't know I can do something like that and that's why I need to ask Louise,' I take a moment to think, 'And I need to safely attach the devices.'

'Devices?' 'I left a device in every city we've been so far, when it's time I can reach them all at once,' I explain.
'But who says that they will work if you're not there to.. you know.. convince them.' 'I think it will work.' 'You sure?' He asks doubting it.
'Do you trust me?' 'Yes I do b..'
'Don't doubt me then.'