39 drops of blood

'Come on, we need to sneak by the guards.'
'Are you sure you want to risk this? It's a small possibility we will find something in the first place!'
'Just have faith.'

'How do you want to sneak by anyway?' I decide to ask.. I mean it's useful if I know the plan. 'Alicia,' he simply says. 'Josh?' 'Yes?'
'You know there's a possibility Louise will take over when we get to the information right? I mean I don't know how powerful he is.'
'Yes.. I know that,' he says quietly.
'So.. I want to do this, just incase something happens.'

I walk closer to him, put my arms around his neck and kiss him.
He smiles between our lips and put his arms around my waist.

'I thought you said I was being clingy,' he whispers when we pull away.
'That was before I almost killed you.' He looks at me and messes my hair up. 'Let's go.' I nod and follow the boy.

We meet up with Alice who hands us over some clothes.. the yellow thingies with hoodies, the ones they were wearing when they rescued me.

'Wear this, I will tell them I'm on a mission and you guys are here to protect me. Once we are far enough away I will wait in our spot in the woods and return at night, I don't know how you will get back inside.'
'I prepared that, it will all work out smoothly.'

I carefully listen to the plan and repeat it over and over again in my head. Somehow I don't believe we're going to do it so smoothly as it seems.

We made it.. we made it. We have almost reached our ending goal, well ending.. more like the first real goal, but whatever.

Nervously I tap my fingers against my skin. I just don't know what I can expect or what I should expect.
Some secret books.. that's all I know, I don't even know where we are.

I sigh and immediately feel an arm around my waist.

'I know.. it's weird, but we're going to get through this.' 'Where even are those secret books, I mean this place is one big ruin.. everything is broken.' 'We need to find a ladder down into the ground, it used to be in a tower.'
'I don't see a tower?'
'That's what I mean,' he says and sighs.

Somehow I have a feeling this is going to take us a long long time.

We start searching between the debris. Searching.. searching.. searching..

Until we finally find it, well I found it.. I want the credit.
I placed my hand on a huge piece of broken building and it just exploded. It was scary, but now that we're standing before a ladder.. it's all worth it.

Without saying a thing Josh goes down and I follow.

'It's so dark he.. okay.. alright.. yeah that works.'

I look at him with confusion, but it doesn't take me long to realise I'm glowing. It seems to come natural to me.. I don't know how I do it, I just do it.

We walk further until there's a tall wall before us. We can go left or right..

'Wait here,' I say and take the left turn.

Again there are a few options to go.
I walk back to him.

'It's a maze,' I throw my hands up in the air, 'I give up, this is going to be impossible.'
'Teddy.. I have something important to ask you.'

'Well ask,' I reply annoyed when he is quiet for a real long time.
'Can you fly?'
'No, I've already told you that before.' 'I know.. but that was before you knew about your powers.'

I sigh, it's not like I say fly and I start flying.

Silently we try to get through the maze without argueing.

'I give up! We're trapped here!' I sit down and lean against the wall, 'can't these stupid walls just disappear!' 'Teddy calm dow..'

The wall burst into pieces, causing me to fall over. Josh helps me get up and I'm just staring at the place the wall used to stand in disbelief.
Did I really just remove that wall?

'Can't you just remove every wall?' He asks enthusiastically.
'No.. the ceiling would collapse.'

He sighs and we continue walking.

Suddenly I hear a "click" when I place down my foot, followed by a ticking sounds.

'Duck!'

He starts pulling me down but I just stand there.. frozen in place.

'Teddy duck down!'

He starts pulling me down.. it brings me back to the place we call our world and I sit down at the floor.. just in time. Flames appear above our heads, it almost touches us, the heat coming from it causes us to sweat heavily.

'Well there are traps here,' I state with a chuckle once the fire is gone.
'It means we are close, the books are secret.. you don't want people to get to it.'

We stand up again.

'I should go first.'
'No Teddy you're not.'
'You're the prince Josh.. I'm not taking the risk of you dying on me,' I say stubborn and walk further.

He grabs my waist and pulls me back.

'And you're a myth, I go first. If you die it's all for nothing.'
'I'm our light source!' 'Teddy stop it!'

I sigh but give up.. there's no time to argue about this.

After what seems to be hours we reach some sort of a library.

'I thought you meant like around three books.. not three bookcases.'

This room is filled with books.. thick ones.. it's crazy.

'This is going to take ages!'
'No.. it's not.. when I called you a myth it got me thinking, if you're a myth.. you should be in one specific book. I just need go find it.'
'I thought you were joking.. I'm not a myth.' 'You are.'

That's all he says before he starts searching.

'Can you give me some more light?' 'Yeah.. act like I'm your personal flashlight.' 'Teddy you are.. right now you are.'

I roll my eyes, he's so distracted right now.. it's like he wants to know what I am even more than I want to know.

'Found it!'

He pulls out a book and opens it on a small table. I sneeze because of the dust while his finger is going through the register.. without success.
He starts flipping through the book.

'Can I..' 'Teddy I love you but shut up.'

It takes him so long.. we're never going to get back on time. I take a plasma pack out of the bag we took with us and start drinking.. I mean I have nothing to do and I am absurdly thirsty.

'You're to far away.. I can barely read it now.' 'Yes boss.'

I stand next to him and start to annoy him by drinking loudly next to his ear.

'Teddy I mean it,' he groans and pushes my plasma pack out of my hand.

I hiss at him and try to rescue it.. half of it ends up on the book.

'Did you.. did you just hiss at me?'

I laugh and proudly continue drinking the now saved plasma pack.

'You have never hissed at me, well one time but.. why did you hiss at me?' He asks completely distracted. 'What? Did you like it?' I ask teasingly. 'No.. not at all.. you fucking hissed at me.'

I laugh and squeeze his cheek.
He gives me a kiss and turns back to the book again.

'Teddy you're a genius!'