I. MIDTOWN HIGH PT. 1

CHAPTER ONE
"midtown high pt. 1"

     Today was the day Jade left for her new life as Jade Hogan

     Today was the day Jade left for her new life as Jade Hogan. Tony wasn't able to come with the two because of secret purposes. Movers put all of Jade's stuff in the apartment the day before so all Jade needed to do was get there and unpack.

Happy went with her to show the apartment off and give the ground rules since Tony couldn't. Happy opened the door with the key and let Jade walk in first.

It was fully furnished already. The kitchen was partly connected to the living room and a small dining table area was towards the back to the left of when you walk in the door. Then to the right was a hallway that led to the bedrooms and bathrooms.

"It's not much because you'll be living here alone," Happy said after a moment. "Two bedrooms, two baths. I actually think it's one of the nicest."

"And because no one would think a superhero lives in an apartment like this?" Jade asked, stating the obvious. "It's a good place to lay low, no one would expect me— Iron Lightning to be living here." She smiled at the thought.

Happy grinned at her, "Tony is also giving you a small protection gift as a welcome to the city," he said turning around and opening a small box. He pulled out a metal bar bracelet that shined bright red and had accents of gold.

"Oh my gosh! I love these!" Jade said taking it from Happy and putting it on, activating it.

It was like wearing the hand part of an Iron Man suit— well, that's what it actually is.

Happy pulled out his phone and opened to his messages, "Boss also says...  "since you don't have a car or a license yet, you'll have to take the bus. Depending on whatever is going on, I might pick you up some days and we'll go to Upstate. You can sign up for any extracurricular activity if you'd like, maybe just not track. No boys over, unless they are myself, Happy or any of the Avengers.'" Tony's voiceover explained.

"Shouldn't be too hard," Jade smiled and looked around the apartment again. "What am I supposed to do until school starts?"

"What you always do," Happy rolled his eyes and grinned, he knew she understood him. "Tony says you should unpack everything and get settled into your new home for now then worry later."

He pulled out his wallet and opens it, also pulling out a plastic card, "He's giving this to you and me, mainly you though. I'll go grocery shopping for you once a month so you better be having a list by the beginning of the month. Tony also says you should try and go outside of your apartment because that's what normal people do. As regularly as possible come by the tower to show off your "Stark Internship". Anything you mail to yourself is addressed to the tower as well so you can pick it up there."

"I honestly think dad should have told me all this before he left today," Jade laughed rubbing her head in a joking way.

"Would have been easier on both of us," Happy chuckled. "One more thing, your 'mission' is a few doors down from you."