XX. BIRDMAN, AGAIN

CHAPTER TWENTY
"birdman, again"

A few hours went by as the girls were watching the suit's feed, then a knock was at the door

A few hours went by as the girls were watching the suit's feed, then a knock was at the door. Michelle stood up and Jade turned her computer around. When Michelle opened the door, the two were surprised when they saw Liz on the other side in a swimsuit.

"What's up?" Michelle asked.

"I've been going around asking team members to go swimming, you guys care to join?" She asked.

"It's eight o'clock," Jade said confused. "Isn't the pool closed?"

"We'd be sneaking in, silly," Liz laughed. "Whatcha say?"

"We might meet you there," Michelle said and Liz smiled, walking away.

"Do we have to go?" Jade whined.

"No," Michelle said. "But Peter might be there... shirtless."

"Oh, I've already—" but Jade closed her mouth quickly knowing she'd messed up, she didn't need to say that.

"What?!" Michelle shouted loudly. "You've seen Peter shirtless? And you're now just telling me?"

"No, I haven't seen Pete shirtless before— nope," Jade stumbled on her words and explained so fast her voice cracked.

"Yes, you have, oh my gosh! I can't believe it!" Michelle said jumping slightly. "Look at my girl growing up."

"It wasn't in that way! I just happen to have walked in on him shirtless.. multiple times.. in the same day,"

"Ooo, you double taker," Michelle smirked and then winked at her.

"Haha," Jade said, trying not to be embarrassed but her cheeks giving it away. Then her computer went off.

The two looked at each other, and then at the computer. Jade quickly grabbed it and looked at the alert sign. "PROTOCOL COMPLETE".

"What protocol?" Michelle asked while Jade's eyes were popping out. Peter hacked the suit.

"I wish these boys would just mind their own business," Jade said trying to get into the suit but unable to work on anything except listen and watch through the eyes. She groaned loudly, slouching in her chair. "Darn my own anti-hacking protocol."

"You brought your suit, right?" Michelle asked getting her bag.

"Of course," Jade said getting up as well. "But I don't need to be going out."

"Oh, why not? Teach that spider guy who's the boss and tell him it's your suit,"

"I'm not sure it's a good idea," Jade said softly looking down at the bag.

"It'll be fine, plus— you started this, why not finish?"

"I hate how persuasive you," Jade giggled and pulled the suit out, along with the small devices.