XXXIV. OKAY, I HAVE A CONFESSION

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
"okay, I have a confession"

Peter left Jade on top of Cyclone while he gathered up the crates and tied Toomes up for the police to get him

Peter left Jade on top of Cyclone while he gathered up the crates and tied Toomes up for the police to get him. When he came back to where Jade was, he sat down behind her, letting her lean against him while they waited for Happy or the police to show up.

It was a comfortable silence between the two, they were both lost in their own thoughts to even think of feeling awkward. Jade ended up passing out, making herself fall asleep from thinking.

When the police showed up and took Toomes away, Peter stood up with Jade and swung them to the complex. He woke Jade up when they arrived and asked if he could "clean up" at her place so May wouldn't find out. Jade nodded her head and had VERONICA secretly open the door from the inside (something she installed from last time she left her keys with someone).

Peter snuck into his apartment and stole his own clothes, then came back to Jade's. She let him take his shower first while she locked up her apartment. She had VERONICA also x-ray her foot to see if she broke it or not.

"Internal bruising and a few fractured bones," she said. She told Jade to ice it and then wrap it up for the night, so that's what she did. When Peter was done with his shower, she went to the bathroom and took her shower while he laid on the couch, waiting.

She got out quicker than she normally would and went to find Peter who was laid out on the couch, snoring softly. His arm laid across his eyes and his mouth was partly opened. He looked so cute laying there, she just wanted to play with his curls.

Small bruises were forming under his eyes and cheeks. The boy was so strong, he never once complained about being hurt. She finally caught herself staring at him while he slept, so she pulled herself out of the trance and grabbed him a blanket, draping it over him.

She grabbed her some ibuprofen and water, taking it before went to her own bed, then put some out for Peter and a water bottle for when he woke up. He may have super strength, but she knew how he was being thrown around tonight, and it wasn't something his enhanced body couldn't push away.

She got into bed slowly and pulled the covers over her and in five minutes she was out.

______________

The next morning Jade woke up due to her senses going off. She shot straight up in bed, listening to what was happening. There was nothing, she slowly got out of bed and walked out of her room, rubbing her eyes at the bright lights. She forgot she let Peter spend the night until she looked at what caused her senses to go off.

Peter was now laying on the floor and had caused the table to move across the floor.

She smiled and giggled softly at the sight, she just left him there, thinking it would be funny when he woke up on the floor. She went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth and pulled her hair up to high ponytail. All of her stuff was in Ned's car so she wasn't able to check her phone, which she knew would have a butt-load of missed calls and texts.

She decided she would make breakfast if she even had food to cook. She opened her fridge and saw literally nothing but an old banana, butter, the smallest amount of milk and some water bottles. She walked to her tech room and went on the computer and ordered some delivery breakfast— Pete would never know.

When the food arrived, Jade set it on her own plates, and Peter was starting to wake up. He shifted around on the floor and groaned lightly, "The hell?" He whispered to himself.

"Morning," Jade held back her laugh as she watched him get up.

He looked up quickly, knowing that wasn't Aunt May's voice. He squinted his eyes to try and see her but the light was so bright. "It's me, Jade." She laughed.

Peter blushed slightly when she spoke again and sat on her couch and rubbed his eyes.

"I have breakfast,"

As soon as she said that his stomach growled, he awkwardly stood up and clumsily walked towards her. "You made breakfast?"

"Of course! I definitely didn't just buy it," She smirked as she handed him a plate with eggs, bacon, sausage and a biscuit.

"Oh, thanks," he said taking hold of it and sat down at the counter. Jade grabbed her salt and pepper shakers and set them in front of him.

"I only have water, is that okay?" She asked.

Peter nodded as he put some salt on his eggs. He was so shocked at how much of an adult she could be. Cooks breakfast, asks if you want water. Okay, not many reasons but Peter liked how she could play the adult role.

"This is good!" He said with a mouth full.

"Okay, I have a confession," she said grabbing a chair beside him. "I didn't make all this, I had to order it because I have literally nothing but a brown banana and a spoon full of milk."

"It's still good," Peter chuckled.

This moment felt nice. Jade missed these moments she use to have with him, them just hanging out and joking around. Part of her felt like the events of yesterday and even days before, didn't even happen— besides his bruises forming— this is just a normal day with Peter Parker.

But she knew she would have to face the facts sooner or later, what happened yesterday happened and it's not just going to get pushed off. She enjoyed her moment with Peter, every second of it.

She felt dumb for being angry with Peter, even if she had a reason for it. She cleared her throat before speaking, "I'm sorry," she said, close to a whisper.

"For what?" He asked, his eyebrows arched.

"For everything," she sighed with a small smile. "I'm sorry for what I said after the Ferry and what I said at the game. It was harsh and mean and uncalled for."

"You don't have to be sorry, it was my fault it all happened," He frowned, putting his fork down and grabbing her hand lightly. "I didn't mean anything I said before. And you were right... about what you said at the game. About me and how I have been acting. I do care about you, a lot, and there's nothing I can do to take away those words I said, but I hope you can forgive me and we can start over..."

His words touched Jade's heart, to hear him apologize and say he did care about her. She smiled at the boy, feeling her cheeks turn pink.

"I'd like that," she said.

They finished eating and Peter went home, she had VERONICA contact Michelle to let her know she's home and that she should come and see her. Although she knew Michelle wouldn't see the message until afternoon.

__________________

I thought I'd just add this small part in because we all need a little fluff chapter :)

Two more chapters left!! I'm so excited for the next part!