XII. WAIT, YOU KNEW?!

CHAPTER TWELEVE
"wait, you knew"

"You're the Spider-Man... from YouTube," Ned said shocked.

"I'm not, I'm not," Peter said, making his suit untighten on him and fall to the floor— again, Peter's practically naked in front of Jade.

Jade shut the door behind her quickly and silently, standing there with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

"You were on the ceiling," Ned pointed up.

"No, I wasn't. Ned, what are you doing in my room?"

"May let me in and I invited Jade to come over. You said we were gonna finish the Death Star." Ned said.

"Jade?" Peter asked and looked behind him to see an amused Jade. "You guys can't just bust into my room!"

"We didn't, May let us in," Jade said cooly and moved away from door, picking up his suit. "You should be careful next time." She smirked.

Then Aunt May opened Peter's door and smoke was coming from the kitchen. Jade quickly hid the suit behind her.

"The turkey meatloaf recipe is a disaster. Let's go to dinner. Thai? Ned, Jade, you want Thai?" May asked. 

"Yes,"

"Sure,"

"No. They've got a thing," Peter jumped in.

"A thing to do after,"

"No, I don't,"

"Okay," May says and waves a finger at Peter, "Maybe put on some clothes."

Then May leaves and closes the door behind her.

"Oh, she doesn't know?" Ned asked understanding.

"Nobody knows. I mean, Jade and Mr. Stark knows because he made my suit, but that's it."

"Tony Stark made you that?" Ned whispers. "Are you an Avenger?"

"No, Tony Stark did not make that suit, he got it made by someone else," Jade said getting aggravated.

Peter hesitates, "Yeah, basically," ignoring Jade.

She silently gasped at Peter, wtf?

"Whoa.." Ned gushed and leaned against Peter's bunk bed. "Wait, you knew?!" He asked towards Jade.

"Of course I knew!" Jade laughed throwing Peter's suit in the hamper, while Peter grabbed a shirt and put it on. "He's horrible at keeping secrets."

"No, it's because your dad is best friends with Mr. Stark," Peter argued back. Why was Peter getting so mad?

"Your dad knows Tony Stark?" Ned asked in shock.

"My dad works with Tony," Jade said starting to get mad, not at Ned but Peter.

"Wow.. you two know Tony Stark," Ned said awe struck. "What other secrets are you guys keeping?"

No one answered.

"You can't tell anybody this, you gotta keep it a secret," Peter said going up to Ned.

"A secret? Why?" Ned asked confused.

"You know what May's like. If she finds out people try and kill me every single night, she's not going to let me do this anymore. Come on, Ned, please." Peter begged.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. I'll level with you," Ned tried to calm down, then he got excited again. "I don't think I can keep this a secret. This is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, Peter!"

"Ned, May cannot know. I cannot do that to her right now, you know? I mean, after everything that's happened with her, I... Please?"

Jade's frustration dissolved a little when she heard the vulnerability in his voice. She turned to the picture frame that had a picture of Peter and his Uncle Ben in it. She remembered when Michelle told her about his uncle, she never brought it up to Peter but she didn't need to.

"Okay," Ned sighed.

"Just swear it, okay?"

"I swear,"

"Thank you," Peter said and walked off, running his hands through his hair. "I cannot believe this is happening right now."

"Yeah.... Can I try the suit on?" Ned asked.

"No,"

"How does it work? Is it magnets? How do you shoot the strings?" Ned asked.

"I'm gonna tell you about this at school tomorrow, okay?" Peter said and walked Ned to the door.

"Great. Okay, well, wait, then... how do you do this and the Stark internship?" He asked being very serious.

"This is the Stark internship," Peter said giving him a confused look.

"Ohhhh," He said understanding now.

"Just get out of here," Peter said, pushing Ned out and leaning on the door.

Once Peter noticed Jade still standing there he stood up straight, "Uh, um,"

"You do not understand how pissed off I am right now," Jade said, arms crossed. "But I'm also feeling sorry for you."

"I can actually feel it radiating off of you," Peter chuckled then straightened his face when she didn't move. "I'm sorry at how I treated you earlier today and just a moment ago. I... I'm just stressed right now."

"I understand how you feel, but you need to understand where I'm coming from," Jade said taking a step closer to him knowing he understood what she was talking about.

"I guess you're right," Peter said, "but I still have high hopes."

"Just take it one step at a time," Jade smiled, then looked at Peter up and down. "Please put some pants on." And she took a step away from him.

Peter looked down at himself and blushed deeply, quickly grabbing some pants.