XXXVI. WHAT THE FU-

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
"what the fu—"

Happy dropped the teens off at the complex and right before splitting ways, Jade stopped Peter from going into his apartment

"Pete," She called, walking closer to him.

"Hmm?" He hummed, looking up as he was pulling his keys out.

"This is for you," she smiled, handing him the bag Tony put the suit in.

He looked down at it, his eyebrows rising in confusion. "Umm, thanks?"

"It's your suit," she laughed giving it to him.

He mouthed an "Oh," and chuckled lowly, probably embarrassed. "Thanks."

"And I promise to not interfere with your hero duties anymore," She smiled, holding her pinky out for him to take. He looked at her funny and laughed. "Why does no one take this seriously?"

"Oh, I do. I take pinky swears very seriously," He said sarcastically and grabbed her pinky with his.

"Good," she smiled brightly. "Don't make him have to take it away again." She smirked before turning around and walking to her apartment.

"I won't," he laughed lightly. "Wait—!"

Jade turned around quickly, "Yeah?"

"Happy isn't your real dad, is he?" He asked. "It's Mr. Stark."

"Wha— how did you—? I mean— what made you think that?" Jade laughed nervously, throwing a hand behind her head.

"You're a lot closer to Mr. Stark than you are with Happy. I figured it was odd that Mr. Stark came to see you at the hospital instead of Happy. And at the compound I could tell. You two act a lot alike," Peter explained. "Plus, the photos in your apartment gave it away."

"Oh, God," she sighed deeply, hiding her face in her hands. "Guess I need to work on my acting skills then."

"Ned figured it out too,"

"WHA—!"

__________________________

After Peter left to his apartment, Jade flopped onto her couch, quickly taking a pillow and pressing it to her face— yelling into it. How could I be so dumb?! I have failed at everything in life!

After she pouted some more, she turned on the TV and skipped through the channels, eating the rest of her snack she bought from the school's confession that day.

She felt bored, like she was suppose to be doing something. She had been going at it for two weeks now that she got used to moving— doing something. But she liked it at the same time, maybe she could catch a break for a while.