V. THE SUIT

CHAPTER FIVE
"the suit"

After Steve left, no one continued talking about the Accords as a team

After Steve left, no one continued talking about the Accords as a team. Sam and Rhodey didn't continue arguing and they were the first to leave, Natasha left next, leaving only Vision, Wanda, Tony, and Jade.

Jade looked to Tony, he rubbed his eyes and dragged his hand down his face, rolling his eyes. He shook his head and started walking away.

Jade stood up, excused herself, and left to follow Tony. She couldn't stop thinking about why she was at the meeting in the first place. Why did he want her there?

"Hey, dad?" Jade called behind him.

"Hey, Princess," He smiled, but it fell shortly after, he seemed off.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"You can't tell?" Tony joked, giving her a smirk and laughed at himself, but Jade didn't laugh.

"I mean," Jade rolled her eyes letting out a huff. "Why is this happening? Why do you agree with all of this? Why am I here?"

"This is happening because it needs to, I said it before while in there that we needed to be put in check, I believe it's the right thing to do," Tony explained Jades first questions, intentionally ignoring the last.

Jade watched Tony's face, she was very good at reading people, her dad especially. His eyes looked tired, he looked tired. The dark circles under his eyes were darker than usual like he hasn't been sleeping. He noticed she was observing him and he looked away, but it was too late, she figured it out.

He's been like this before once, after the attack on New York. They both were for different reasons.

"It's Pepper," Jade said, finally understanding, her eyes softened. "You're doing this because of Pepper."

Tony and Pepper were "on a break." Tony refused to give up Iron Man, so she quit. She still ran the company and everything else but she and Tony were nothing more than business partners at the moment, and Jade could tell it was breaking him apart.

Tony looked down with a smirk and shook his head defeated. "It's not the only reason," he piped up.

"Because of that kid?" She asked.

"It goes back farther than that, honey, but it's nothing. It's just the right thing to do," he said, trying to walk away.

Jade quickly stepped in front of him, "You didn't answer all my questions," she said, this caused Tony to sigh, he wanted to avoid this part of the conversation. "Why did you bring me to the meeting?"

"Because I needed you to be here," Tony said, but Jade could tell he was leaving things off.

"Just tell me," she whined.

"What side are you on?" Tony blurted, his eyes wide and brows lifted.

"Side?" Jade asked confused.

"The Accords, whose side?"

Jade stopped, she didn't know there were sides to be on. She didn't even understand why she needed to be apart of this meeting or the Accords, she wasn't an official superhero.

Then it hit her; Tony was scared she'd end up hurt, or that she now wanted to be in the superhero world. That's why he sent her to high school, to have a normal life, away from the hero world.

"I don't know," she mumbled, looking down. It was partly the truth.

Tony could read Jade as well, it was something they shared.

"What is it?" Tony asked.

"You know I don't want that life," she said quietly, she didn't need to explain because he already understood her. It may have been fun then, but it was now that mattered.

"You might not now, but it's going to catch up to you. And if I can't stop you, those will," Tony said pointing at the room they were just in.

Jade didn't like how he said that— it put her on the edge. She did think about the hero's life before and it never really got as far as a thought. But now, it feels like he doesn't trust her.

Jade tried to hide her feelings towards the matter and nodded, then turned on her heels and walked away from her dad. She needed to think about the situation.

___________________

Jade stayed at the compound that night and went back home the next afternoon. When she arrived, she went to her tech/lab room and opened a case she's had for over a year now. A suit. Not Spider-Man's (which she left at her room in the compound) or another Superhero's she found, but a suit of her own.

She made it after Sokovia when the thought of heroism flashed her mind. She loved making suits, she loved to design so she thought of it as a fun project.

It was a fully black jumpsuit inspired by Natasha's Black Widow. She had the normal thigh holsters and a belt buckle that could hold knives and guns, but she wasn't allowed to have guns, so she mainly used knives or a metal staff. She made secret pockets that were easy to get to that could hold video recorders and microphone disks that picked up any sound and went to her earpiece. She also made fingerless gloves that can turn into three different stages; regular, tech, and "Iron Fist." Her tech stage is to show holograms and control her small devices, the Iron Fist was like having only an Iron Man hand on that shoots flashes of lights to slightly blind people and can zap people when it comes to contact with something containing body heat.

She was proud of the suit, but she never used it during her training time because she was scared of what the others would think of it, and she didn't know why she was like that.

She thought for another moment and shook her head, laughing at herself. She started getting undressed to put the suit on. She's only worn it once and that was to just see if the suit worked how it was made to.

She had a small zipper that started from mid-chest and could zip all the way up. When the zipper reached a certain level going up, the suit would be activated. She zipped it up and the suit turned on, a small line of light blue lit the side of her jumpsuit.

She smiled at it, she felt good in the suit, like she was unstoppable, something she barely ever felt. Her mind went back to Friday afternoon after the meeting when Tony told her he didn't want her as a superhero. He didn't say that, but he meant it in that way— Jade knew it was.

She looked in the mirror at herself and saw a hero, a smile crept on her face, and for some reason, she blushed.

Suddenly, a knock was at her apartment door. She quickly used her speed to get undressed and back into normal clothes, then she went to the door, everything happening in under three seconds.

She looked out the door peephole to see a very tall, brown headed girl at her door. With a confused look, Jade opened the door for her friend, Michelle.

"Hi, Michelle," Jade said when she opened the door. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out for the rest of the day. I'm bored," Michelle said, rocking on her heels back and forth.

"Uh, sure," Jade giggled and turned around. "I'd love to."

Jade left the door open for Michelle to walk in and Michelle took the hint and walked in after, closing the door behind her.

___________________

[edited.]