III. PARKERS APARTMENT

CHAPTER THREE
"parkers apartment"

     As the week went on, Jade figured out why everyone hated school so much

As the week went on, Jade figured out why everyone hated school so much. Every day, a new homework assignment was given and they already had to take a test next week. Although Jade had no trouble with the homework, she just didn't like the fact that she had to do it every night, it was taking away her time with her tech.

Finally, the weekend arrived. Jade finished all her homework and was able to rest. Somehow she made a friend during her lunch period waiting for Ned and Peter, her name was Michelle Jones. She sat alone and Jade took up Sam's offer to make a friend of her gender. As she was talking to Michelle, she could tell she was a bit different. She was chill and relaxed, nothing seemed to bother her and if it did she wasn't going to show it. Jade liked that.

But not even homework or making a new friend could get Jade's mind off of this afternoon's plans. She and Peter were going to hang out. It was for the project, but Jade didn't feel the same feeling she had when she did homework, she was excited about this, but also nervous.

Instead of taking the bus, Jade suggested they walk back to the apartment complex— maybe go by Delmar's. As they were walking, they passed a news station that had TVs in the window. They were talking about Spider-Man.

"That Spider-Man dude, he's so cool!" A little boy exclaimed watching one of the TVs in amazement.

Jade smiled as she watched the little boy, "Spider-Man," Jade mumbled, and then smirked. Why not have some fun? She turned back towards the TVs and watched as Spider-Man swung from one building to another.

"Have you ever thought of the possibility that Spider-Man could be anyone in New York? He might just be walking among us right now," Jade said, holding back a knowing grin.

Peter laughed nervously, "Y-Yep! He could.."

Jade shook her head and giggled at Peter. The two continued walking back to the apartment, once they made it to the complex building, Peter invited her to his apartment.

"You're home a little earlier than usual," a lady, who Jade suspected was his aunt, said, not looking up from her book while sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, I walked home today," Peter said, throwing his backpack on the table and looked to her, standing there awkwardly.

"May," Peter said, grabbing her attention after noticing she wasn't going to look up.

"Yes, dear?" She said and finally looked up. The woman's eyes widened. "Oh, who's this?"

"This is my friend, Jade," Peter said a little awkward. "Jade, this is my Aunt May."

"Oh, so this is Jade," Aunt May smiled. "He's been telling me about you."