XXVII. DINOSAUR MUG

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
"dinosaur mug"

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN"dinosaur mug"

They messed up. They messed up real bad. After the fiasco with the ferry, Jade flew her and Peter over to the nearest building that overlooked the situation.

"Open," Jade mumbled and the suit opened fully for her to step out.

Peter sat on the edge of the building, taking his mask off and slouching. An awkward silence laid over the two for a while.

"Peter.." Jade finally got the courage to talk.

"I tried to stop them," Peter said upset clear in his voice, he never moved his eyes from the scene. "I almost had him, it was all right in my hands and it slipped away from me."

"You could have gotten hurt, Pete," she said as she jumped on the edge to sit next to him. "I told you we didn't need to do it on there."

Peter's head sharply turned to look at her, his cheeks getting red and his face showing anger, "You know everything then? You show up when I'm at Liz's party, you show up when I leave the hotel to find those guys, you show up when I leave school. You always know where I'm at or where I'm going and you always follow me. You know everything about me somehow and yet I know nothing of you," he paused, Jade's eyes becoming wide and her cheeks flushed. "You're not the boss of me and you don't get to tell me what to do with Spider-Man."

Jade's eyes were beginning to water, threatening to spill her tears out. Is that really how he felt? He was blaming her when she was the reason Tony even cared about him? Why Spider-man is even known?

"I'm the reason Tony even knows about you right now. I'm the reason you know so much about these criminals because without me you'd still be doing the same thing every day; swinging around Queens and helping old lady's across the street. I'm the reason you even have that suit and let you get away with taking your tracker out and hacking that suit. You're lucky I haven't taken it away. And I feel like I'm the reason you're still alive right now," Jade exploded, letting all the words come out with anger and venom. "And yet, you're blaming me for everything going wrong when I told you this would happen."

Peter just stared at her with the same angry look, what is she even talking about?

Then Tony flies in, "Previously on Peter and Jade Screw the Pooch: I tell you to stay away from this," he said. "Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you two not to do."

"Is everyone okay?" Peter asked calmly, harshly turning his head away from Jade's face.

"No thanks to you," Tony said, harshly calm.

Peter looked at him in disbelief, then turned around and jumped off the edge, "No thanks to me?" He repeated Tony's words. "Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it. But you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me. You both are blaming me for everything when I'm the only one who even cares!" Peter shouted, walking closer to Tony.