XI. YOURE THE SPIDER-MAN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
"you're the spider-man"

-TWO MONTHS LATER-

Everything was back to normal life in Jade's life. She continued through school, hanging out with Michelle, Ned, and Peter. Being a superhero wasn't on Jade's to-do list anymore (for the time being), but she still kept a close eye on one super in particular.

Peter's Spider-Man duties doubled after the Germany incident, he was out almost every night being Spider-Man. She could see he didn't get much sleep because he slept through some classes but when it was last hour he would wined up acting as if he just had a five hour energy. His duties weren't much, he did the small things; helping the little guys out there and Jade admired that, but she also noticed his longing for more.

She has full control over his suit and she noticed after Tony took the suit, he added a feature in it called "The Training Wheels Protocol." It held back all capabilities of his suit, an A.I system (unnamed right now) and other features like the web-shooter combination she made. She became more pissed off with her father at that but after looking into the installment she decided it would be best to keep it installed.

She still hadn't talk to Tony and forgiven him completely for what he's done, he's tried reaching out but she ignores his calls and replies with a "sorry, I was busy," and never answers back. She would be lying if she said she didn't miss him, because she did, but her feelings got in the way to verbally say it to him.

The "Baby Monitor Protocol" she installed with the suit let's her see what Peter can see and hear. He didn't know this but it was how she kept an eye on him. They never talked about Spider-Man again after Germany, it would pop up in conversation by Ned or Michelle, but Jade ignored it and Peter would get all nervous. 

Through out the past two months, the four friends have become close, Ned and Michelle always wanting to go to the movies together but never by themselves.

Jade knew Michelle wasn't a very wishy-washy person but it was obvious that her and Ned had something for each other. Jade and Peter liked to snicker behind the twos backs when they would argue because it was like they've been married for thirty years now. Michelle got onto the both and would pick on Peter about his infatuation with Decathlon captain, Liz Allan.

Peter would blush deeply and start stuttering, "I-I do no-not have a cr-crush on Liz," then everyone would laugh at him.

But Peter didn't know who he liked, his feelings were mixed. He's liked Liz since last year and she's never really noticed him before, but his feelings have started going towards his new friend Jade. It seemed stupid to only start liking her because she actually liked talking to him and hanging out but the more he started being around her the more his feelings grew.

But Peter's feelings get pushed to the side when he thinks about his Spider-Man duties and his hope for a chance at being a superhero gets brighter every day.

"Let's move to the next question. What is the heaviest naturally-occurring element?" Liz Allan asked, standing behind her podium. Jade laid on the floor beside Michelle, staring at the ceiling and listening to the teams study session.

"Hydrogen's the lightest." A kid named Charles rings the bell and miserably fails at answering the question. "That's not the question. Okay. Yeah."

"Uranium," Jade mumbled under her breath irritated. Michelle smirked behind her book at her friends response.

Jade smirked back and looked over at Peter who was talking with Mr. Harrington, the sponsor for the team.

"Peter it's nationals," Mr. Harrington said. "Is there no way you could take one weekend off?"