XXVIII. THE PLAN

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
"the plan"

It was now a few days after the ferry fiasco and Jade was back at school

It was now a few days after the ferry fiasco and Jade was back at school. Two days before homecoming.

Michelle was the first to find her that morning, attacking her in a hug. "I thought I told you not to go!"

"I had to," Jade simply said with a sad smile, almost laughing. "I'm sorry. And you don't have to worry anymore. I've been hero grounded."

"You've been gone for two days! What happened?" Michelle asked kinda ignoring what Jade just said.

Jade explained to her how Spider-Man was also hero grounded and him and her got into an argument about her watching him all the time. Then, how Tony took both their suits away and also got onto her when they got home.

"Are you okay?" Michelle asked after Jade was done.

"I guess," she shrugged her shoulders. Then she saw him.

He was walking with Ned and when he noticed her, he frowned slightly and looked away. She sighed sadly, turning the opposite direction from him and walking away.

Michelle looked back and forth between the two in confusion before catching up with Jade again, "What was that about?"

"We're not on speaking terms anymore," Jade said sadly, a small hiss in her words too.  She held back her tears so Michelle wouldn't see. "He got fired from his internship."

_____________________

A week had passed, Peter was back into his normal life routine. Him and Ned finished the Death Star — together. He was caught up in all of his classes and homework again. And Aunt May's cooking was still bad.

But, even all the good things happening, didn't stop the bad things from happening.

Peter, deep down, was upset about everything. He knew he messed up, bad. With his "Internship" and his friends— especially Jade.

He really did like her, even if she lied and followed him around a lot, but deep down, he didn't mind it.

He didn't know why he had to make such a big deal about it, the more he thought of it, the more he realized she was only doing what any hero would do— look out for everyone. He wished he could talk to her again, but at this point, he knew he ruined their friendship.

And if that wasn't what bother Peter that day, it was the Vulture guy. He still had those thoughts in the back of his mind about catching him. The face still registered in his head but he never got to ask KAREN who he was.

Jade knew she needed to stay off Peter for a little while, he made it very clear he didn't want her following him around anymore, so she didn't try to make amends with the boy.