XIV. PETER KNOWS SPIDER-MAN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
"peter knows spider-man"

"Hi, I'm Captain America,"

Jade watched the video of Steve, in his Captain America suit, in sadness. She missed him and everyone else. Michelle was reading her book but felt her friends sadness radiate off her.

"You okay?" She whispered.

"Just miss him, that's all," Jade whispered back knowing Michelle would understand.

"Do you know him too?" Ned asked a little too loud sitting below the two girls. She noticed Ned had been asking Spider-Man related questions all day and right now wasn't the time to be asking.

"Yeah, we met," Peter said chill. "I stole his shield."

Ned's jaw dropped in amazement, "What?!"

"Today, my good friend, your gym teacher..." the tv continues on explaining the Fitness Chalenge and Captain America points to his right but Coach Wilson was standing on the other side.

"...will be conducting the Captain America Fitness Challenge." He raises his hand in a salute. The screen transitions to 'Station I: Sit-ups'.

"Thank you, Captain. I'm pretty sure this guy's a war criminal now, but whatever. I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it." Coach Wilson said and blows his whistle.

"What is it with Ned being all questiony today?" Michelle asked, opening her book and laying down. Jade's eyes widened, please tell me she didn't hear the questions.

"Guess he found out something and has to know all the answers," Jade said simply after she thought of a good answer.

"Alright,"

As the period went on, Jade tried her hardest to listen in on the boys conversation and suddenly they stopped talking. Jade turned around and saw them staring at Liz and her friends who were sitting on the bleachers and all the suddenly Ned shouts,

"Peter knows Spider-Man!"

And everything goes quiet. Come on.

Peter looks at Ned, Jade's mouth was wide open and so were her eyes.

"Ah! N-no no I don't! No.. I-I mean.." Peter stood up quickly and walked over towards Liz and them.

Jade stayed still, noticing Flash jump down from the ropes. "They're friends!" Ned says.

"Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends," Flash says, stepping into the conversation.

"I-I've met him, yeah. A couple times, but it's .. um, through the Stark Internship. Mm-hmm," Peter stuttered and then turned around to Ned, "Yeah, I'm not really supposed to talk about it."

"Well, Jade knows him too!" Ned exclaimed again.  "And she knows Iron Lightning."

Then the attention was put on Jade for a moment. Ned covered his mouth, he knew he'd messed up. Some people started murmuring to each other.

Michelle looks at her with worried eyes and Jade is freaking out on the inside.

"Well, that awesome!" Flash said walking closer. "Hey, you know what? Maybe you two could invite Spider-Man and Iron Lightning to Liz's party. Right?" And he looks to Liz. "The epic duo."

"Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come," Liz said looking at both Peter and Jade.

"Having a party?" Peter whispered.

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man," Flash said to Peter. Then he looked to Jade, "Are you going to speak?"

Jade looked at Flash, arms crossed and stood up walking closer to the scene.

"Um...," Peter was having trouble speaking at the moment.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Jade spoke up, knowing Peter is thinking about doing it.

Everyone turns to look at her, but she's staring right at Peter.

"Why's that?" Flash asked stepping closer to her.

"They're not party tricks, they're busy people," she said giving Flash the most evilness look she could make.

"So you're the boss of them now?" Flash asked.

"Technically, yeah," Jade said.

"It's okay. I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyway, so..." Liz said, leaning over and putting her hand under her chin and resting it. Jade literally was going to barf.

"Come on. He'll be there. Right, Parker?" Flash asked, completely ignoring Jade now. Then the bell rang and everyone else walked away.

"What are you doing?!"Peter turned around to Ned.

Jade quickly grabbed Michelle and ran to the girls locker room.

"What the hell just happened?" Michelle asked.

"Something I feared would happen," Jade groaned in frustration. "This is why we don't tell people like Ned things."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Michelle asked, clearly upset.

Jade looked at Michelle, she studied her face, "I knew it!"

"Knew what?"

"You like Ned!"

"Shhh!" Michelle said throwing her hand on Jade's mouth. "Don't let the whole school know."

"Omg, it's true!" Jade squealed excitedly. "Ship!"

"Okay, then what about you and Peter?" Michelle smirked.

Jade stopped laughing, her face becoming serious, "I don't know what you're talking about,"

"Ship!"

_____________