VI. TRIP TO GERMANY

CHAPTER SIX
"trip to germany"

Jade came home late that evening from hanging out with Michelle

Jade came home late that evening from hanging out with Michelle. It was the first time the two actually hung out outside of school. She had fun, another thing to add that made her feel normal.

The next Monday, Jade and Michelle sat by each other in every class they had together and talked about anything and everything. Even though the two were pretty much the complete opposite, they got along very well.

When Jade got off the bus with Peter that afternoon, they said their goodbyes for the day and walked into separate apartments. She suddenly sensed something bad was happening when she closed her door, she looked at the TV in the corner of the living room and knew she needed to turn it on. She turned it on— which was still set on the news station about the Avengers— and of course, something bad was happening.

"The Sokovia Accords ratification today in Vienna was terrorized by what reporters are saying was the Winter Soldier. Many people were injured and killed including Wakandan King, T'Chaka. Then later that day, the Winter Soldier attacked again in Berlin and is now nowhere to be found along with Captain America and The Falcon."

Jade stopped for a second, two attacks in one day, where all the Avengers are supposed to be, and Steve and Sam are hiding. Nothing could be normal for just one day.

Jade's mind flashed back at the thought of the Winter Soldier. Sam explained to her once that the terrorist was actually Steve's long-lost best friend, Bucky Barnes. He was taken in by Hydra and made a brain-washed terrorist weapon. Sam told her that Steve cared about Bucky so much, he'd do anything for the guy. Jade understood how Steve was feeling, he thought Peggy was the only one left from his past life but then Bucky shows up. If Jade was Steve she'd probably do the same.

Steve and Sam have been trying to track Bucky for two years— Jade pitched in to help, but even her high-tech tracking computers and skill couldn't find him; he was a ghost story. But now they've found him— bombing an Avengers event.

The points all connected together— the Winter Solider, along with Steve and Sam were nowhere to be found because they were all together hiding from the government and something big was going on.

Jade wanted to call Sam or Steve but she knew neither wouldn't answer her. A sudden urge washed over her to go find Steve and Sam. She didn't understand why the sudden burst came over her but she didn't try to stop it.

She quickly grabbed a bag and started packing some clothes, a toothbrush and toothpaste, a charger, and headphones. She ran into her tech room and stopped for a moment, her eyes landing on her suit that laid on a table. She stared at it for a moment, was this a good idea? She let out a deep sigh and grabbed her display suitcase that held all her weapons, video recorders, mini drones, earpieces, everything she ever made for the suit and placed it in the case, closing it up.