XXXV. YOU TURNING ME DOWN?

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
"you turning me down?"

The following Monday rolled around, Michelle stayed the night with Jade, bringing the stuff she left in Ned's car

The following Monday rolled around, Michelle stayed the night with Jade, bringing the stuff she left in Ned's car. She told Michelle what happened after she left the dance and how Peter ended up stayed the night with her. Michelle squealed happily (another thing she doesn't do all the time) at the news.

When Jade got her phone she thought she would see a lot of missed calls, but there were only a few from Tony and Happy ( which were before the dance had even started ). Since then she didn't get any more calls. It seemed weird considering how she was supposed to go back to the compound after the dance and how Happy was going to pick her up. What happened?

When she started looking through her messages she saw Happy text "okay speedy". She never messaged him so she opened it and saw "she" had sent a text saying, "I'm going to stay at Michelle's tonight, you don't have to pick me up"

Jade asked Michelle about it and she said she sent the message because she knew Jade wouldn't be back in the time frame she was given. "Although, I'm sure he knew it was a lie after you and Spider-Man saved the city,"

Jade appreciated the thought, Michelle had her back. "Thanks,"

After school, they had a decathlon meeting so the two waited around to waste time at their lockers. While standing there, Peter and Ned were making their way in the direction of the girls and Jade could hear Ned whispering about something, "It looked so insane. That whole... Like, it was just crazy. He, he was just like, "Zzzz," and you were like, "Ah!"

"Shhh," Peter whispered back but a smile was on his face. Ned was still excited about his heroic act of saving Spider-Man from homecoming night.

"And then I just hit him with the "pew." It was so, oh, my God," Ned gushed.

"You saved me. It was awesome," Peter grinned and looked up to see Jade and Michelle standing in their usual spot. He smiled their way, making Jade's knees wobble.

"He soooo likes you," Michelle grinned.

"Yeah, okay," Jade pushes it off, but secretly she liked the thought. Suddenly, Peter stopped completely, his face slowly falling at whatever was behind Jade's back.

Everyone turned around to see what he was looking at and saw it was Liz and Betty Brant— the school's news reporter— hugging. Liz's mom, Doris, was holding a box and smiled sadly at the two girls. When Betty let go and left, Peter called her name and went up to her, "Liz!"

Jade sadly turned around, Liz probably didn't know how to handle all of this coming at her. Michelle put a hand on Jade's shoulder and lead her to where the meeting was being held.

"Congratulations, Decathlon national champions!" Mr. Harrington said as he sat down with the trophy. The table clapped and cheered for each other.