XV. THATS NOT SPIDER-MAN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
"that's not spider-man"

"Oh, you're going to the party," Michelle said pulling on her friend's arm to get her out of her tech room.

"But I have to watch the cam!" Jade whined, letting Michelle pull her.

She wanted to watch Peter's suit cam so she could keep a close eye on his intensions for the night. Michelle didn't know that Peter was Spider-Man, but she knew Jade had to keep an eye on the super.

"Just hook it up to your watch or glasses or whatever you use. We need to go to the party," Michelle said opening Jades bedroom door.

"But really you just need to go," Jade said puckering her lips in a pout.

"A superhero is sending her defenseless friend out in the dark of night by herself," Michelle smirked knowing it'd make her cave in.

"Yes," Jade laughed. She looked to Michelle and seen her face didn't change, "Ugh, you suck— you know that?"

"You swallow," Michelle shot back smirking and opening Jade's closet door. "Now, what can a super wear to hide her full body suit underneath?"

"Wait, wait," Jade stopped, waving her hands quickly. "I'm not bring Iron Lightning into this party."

"It's for protection purposes, sweetie. And this way, if Spider-Man does show up you can make a whole scene and get onto him." She smirked as she explained her reasoning.

"... Okay, that's a good reason, I guess," Jade blushed in embarrassment.

"Plus, maybe I'll be able to find out who Spider-Man is," Michelle shrugged her shoulders.

Michelle picked out a blue jean dress that was long sleeved and told her to just wear her suit under because it would just look like leggings. She put some black boots and dangling earrings on her and got a small backpack to put her suits gloves, mask, and shoes just incase. Jade did some light makeup and recurled her hair.

Michelle wore a long sleeved black shirt under a ruffled brown dress that just screamed "Michelle".

"Ready?" Michelle asked with a smile.

"Ready." Jade said returning the smile and they headed to the party.

____________________

Once they arrived, Liz welcomed them and said to make themselves at home, so that's what Michelle did.

"Good, I'm starving," she said and walked to the kitchen, Jade following behind her.

Michelle started searching cabinets and drawers, finding a toaster and some bread.

"What are you doing?" Jade asked confused.

"Making myself at home. I'm making toast," she said and continued preparing her station.

Jade just left it alone and pulled up the web cam for Spider-Man's suit: nothing active right now.

After a few minutes, Peter and Ned walked in, looking at the house in amazement.

"Watch this," Michelle smirked as she elbowed Jade's side. "Can't believe you guys are at this lame party." she says carelessly throwing her hair back, spreading out the jam on her toast and handing it to Jade. She makes another.

"But you're here too," Ned said confused.

"Am I?" She asked taking a bite out of her toast and walks away. Jade just stares at the toast in her hands and looks back up at the boys and she shrugs her shoulders following her friend.

"You call that flirting?" Jade asked laughing.

"I'm not flirting," Michelle scoffed, but her cheeks turned pink.

"Blushing," Jade says in a cute voice, pointing at her.

"Whatever," She groans and finishes her last bite. "Where's SM now?"

Michelle made a nickname for Spider-Man when they were in the open, IL was Iron Lightning's.

Jade taps the side of her glasses to see the cam and nothing pulls up. "Not active,"

"Dammit," Michelle whispered, joking.

"Peter Parker!" Flash shouts through a microphone getting everyone's attention in the house.

Michelle and Jade glance at each other and quickly find their way back to the main entrance hall.

"So, where's your pal Spider-Man? Let me guess. In Canada with your imaginary girlfriend?" Flash asks and makes the honking noise go off and everyone laughs.

"That's not Spider-Man. That's just Ned in a red shirt,"

Jade looked at Peter and could see what he was thinking, he was going to bring out Spider-Man. He pressed his lips together and walked away in embarrassment.

"He's such a jerk," Jade said sadly watching Peter walk off.

"He really is," Michelle scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Well, Ned's alone now— again."

"Come on," Jade smirked, pulling Michelle to go talk to Ned.

___________________