IX. SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING

CHAPTER NINE
"she knows everything"

Once Jade was on the street, she called Happy asking which hotel he was staying at. He sounded worried to death, he explained how he tried calling her over fifty times in the last twenty-four hours and couldn't reach her. She explained to him that it was just a teenage feeling of rebellion that sprung in her and she knew she was in deep trouble already.

He got over the fact and told her the hotel name and she booked her a room close to his. She called a taxi and drove the rest of the way there, the adrenaline now leaving her system.

When she arrive at the hotel she booked the smallest room they had, which was still huge considering she was only one person. Once in, she placed all her stuff on the bed, grabbed some clothes and took a shower.

She lifted her arms to take off her shirt when she felt a suddenly prick of pain in her abdomen. A huge bruise was forming on her stomach from when Spider-Man kicked her and Sam. Peter really had a powerful kick. She took the rest of her clothes off and stepped in the walk-in shower.

When she was done with the shower she got re dressed in some simple clothes and packed her suit in its suitcase. She jumped on the bed and pulled out her phone, turning it on for the first time since she landed in Germany.

8 missed calls from Michelle, yesterday.
50+ missed calls from Happy.
50+ missed calls and messages from Dad.
2 missed calls from Peter, 4 hours ago.

Why is Peter calling me? She asked herself scrolling through her notifications.

She felt bad about just leaving her dad like that with Rhodey, but what else could she do? She didn't need to be around her dad, she was upset and angry with him and everyone else. She needed to calm down, he made her so angry for multiple reasons and it's never been like that before.

She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, holding back her tears. She decided to call Michelle back first, maybe she can calm her down. She let out a sigh before pressing the call button.

"Jaidan Hogan I swear to Thor you better have a good explanation to why you haven't been answering me," Michelle said on the second ring.

________________

After a while of talking to Michelle, Jade decided she needed to go out for some air, maybe get something to eat from the vending machine downstairs.

She walked out of her room in sweatpants and a hoodie, the hood over her head and her earbuds plugged in. She took the elevator down and went to the vending area. She bought some snacks and water and decided on ordering room service in the morning for breakfast.

When the elevator doors opened to the floor she was on, she saw Peter standing there with his hood on as well. The two teens recognized each other instantly, Peter being more shocked than Jade.

"Jade..," Peter breathed but Jade's music blocked it out.

"H- hey, Pete," she coughed pulling the headphones out and stuffing them in her pocket.

"Wha— what are you doing here?" He asked letting her step off the elevator.

"Same reason you are," she smiled lightly. Peters cheeks blushed hard and he started getting chocked up on his words. "For the Grant, although I never saw you there." She smiled. It was a wide guess on what Tony could have possibly made up for him, but it seemed right.

Peters eyes widened, "Oh, yeah, that. Mr. Stark had.. something else for me to do,"

"Oh, cool," Jade forced a smile as they continued walking down the wide hallway.

"I met your dad— Happy," Peter said awkwardly, trying to keep the conversation going. "... Uh, Mr. Stark said you were missing earlier today, he seemed really worried about you."

"Oh, god," Jade groaned. "I—... uh, was out skipping part of the program thing, wasn't answering my calls."

"Oh," he said softly, nodding. They silently walked for a moment, until Peter spoke up again. "Jade?"

"Hmm?"

"Happy— your dad— said you knew everything..."

Now Jade was a little pissed at Happy. What's up with the men in my life that continue making my day worse?

"Everything?" She asked after another moment of silence. He nodded, his eyes wide. "I guess I do. You want to know something?"

"I mean.. yeah— kinda," Peter said throwing his hand behind his neck in a nervous way, rubbing it.

"Just come in, I'll try to explain," Jade said opening the door to her room.

They sat down together in the lounge area and Peter just questioned everything that dealed with the Avengers. She eventually told him she knew about the airport incident, and how she knew why he wasn't at the "September Grant" (that she knew he was Spider-Man).

"Sp—Spider-Man?" He chuckled nervously. "I'm— I'm not Spider-Man— wha..?"

"Don't worry, Pete, your secret's safe with me," she lightly smiled.

"Th— Thanks," Peter sighed, nervously smiling his cheeks flushed at his embarrassment. Then he got this look on his face that showed he had just thought of another question.

"What?" Jade asked.

"Who's Iron Lightning?" He asked, the one subject she skipped.

"Classified," Jade said quickly. "I also promised her I wouldn't say anything, like how I just promised you."

"Then how did she know my name?" Peter asked confused.

Jade thought for another moment, "She knows every superhero pretty much known to man. She's very secretive when it comes to identity,"

"Oh," Peter said looking down.

The two talked for a little while longer and soon began getting tired, so Peter left to his room to go to sleep. Jade packed her things and booked a flight for tomorrow evening to get back home.

_________________