VIII. GERMANY AIRPORT PT. 2

CHAPTER EIGHT
"germany airport"

"I'll take Vision, you and Jade get to the jet," Steve said to Jade and Bucky. "She knows how to fly one."

"No, you all get to the jet," Sam said through the comms. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one some of us are gonna have to lose it," Clint said.

"This isn't the real fight, Steve," Sam said.

"Alright, Sam, what's the plan?" Steve took a sigh and asked.

"We need a diversion, something big,"

"I've got something kinda big, but I can't hold it very long," Scott spoke up. "On my signal, run like hell, and if I tear myself in half—"

"He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky asked.

"— Don't come back for me." Scott said.

"You sure about this Scott?" Steve asked.

"I do it all the time, I mean, once, in a lab, and I passed out," Scott said. "I'm the boss, I'm the boss, I'm THE BOSSS!"

Then a few seconds later, Scott turned into a giant.

"Holy shit!" Jade exclaimed gasping.

"I guess that's the signal," Steve said.

"Way to go, tictac!" Sam laughed.

The three started running to where the Quinjet was, but Jade was held back by a laser beam shooting beside her making her fall down. Tony.

Steve and Bucky turned around but Jade stopped them. "No! Go! I'll distract him!" Jade said quickly getting up and running the other way.

Jade could hear her dad say, "Okay, anybody on our side hiding any shocking and fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose to suggestions?"

Then Sam dove down and used his Redwing to hit Tony in the head making him fall back a little.

Jade turned around to see Steve and Bucky almost there, but Vision came in and used his laser beam, cutting a tower to make it fall on the Quinjet entrance.

Then Wanda came in and used her powers to hold back the tower.

"Yes!" Jade shouted, then she saw Rhodey use his frequency sound wave to mess with Wanda's ears and made her let go.

"No!" Jade shouted again she went over to help by jumping as high as she could and grabbed his leg yanking him down and making him losing control of the sound wave.

"Are you okay?" She asked Wanda after she dealed with Rhodey.

"Yes," Wanda said, trying to get up. "I'm fine, it's just a headache now."

Jade looked back at Scott, she needed to help him but they had already started webbing him up by the legs and Rhodey and Tony flew up in the air and punched Scott in the jaw.

Scott fell to the ground and hit Spider-Man in the process, making him fall on a bunch of boxes.

"I'll be right back," Jade said worriedly and ran over to Peter.

He laid there being still for a moment and that worried Jade.

"Peter," Jade said as calm as possible. Then Peter freaked out, half of his mask off.

"Who are you? Leave me alone!" Peter said trying to move away causing Jade to laugh.

"Oh, my Thor, you're okay," Jade said squatting to his level.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Peter said confused and noticed his mask was partly off. He quickly pulled it back down and Jade giggled again.

"How do you—?" Spider-Man was about to ask a question but he stopped when he saw something land beside them.

Jade turned around to see Iron Man in his landing pose and he stood up and walked to the two teens.

"Are you okay?" Tony asked.

"Y-Yeah, yeah," Spider-Man said trying to get up.

"No, you're done, alright?" Tony said stopping him.

"Wha—?" Peter asked, a little out of breath.

"You did a good job," Tony said, his face mask off now. Jade started to back away.

"No, I'm— I'm good," Peter again tried to get up. "No look, I'm fine."

"Stay down,"

"I've got to get him back—"

"You're going home, or I'm calling Aunt May!" Tony said, pointing his finger at Peter. "You too."

"Sure," Jade said crossing her arms knowing she wasn't going to.

Tony sighed, "Please? You'll only make this harder than it already is,"

Jade wouldn't answer, then the Quinjet came out of the hangar and Tony groaned "Go home. Both of you." and flew after the jet.

"No, Mr. Stark, I can do it! I'm not done... okay I'm done." Peter said, standing up but couldn't hold himself up and fell back on the ground.

Jade ran back over to Wanda who was being held by Vision. He cared about Wanda a lot, more than she noticed, even a blind person could tell. Jade slowly walked to the two and smiled at Wanda, also giving Vision one.

She looked up and saw Tony, Rhodey, and Sam flying in the air after the Quinjet. Then one called Vision to shoot Sam down. Jade looked at Vision and he frowned then shot a beam at him but it barely hit him and instead hit Rhodey.

Jade gasped loudly as she watched Rhodey fall to the ground. Jade was stuck, her feet wouldn't move. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as she watched it all happen. Tony shot down to try and catch him but was too late.

"Oh, God," Jade said and ran over to his side. "Uncle Rhodey?" She asked, almost crying.

Nothing was said, Jade grabbed his mask and pulled it off. "Veronica!"

"Heart beat detected," VERONICA said.

Tony landed and fell to Rhodey's side. He looked to Jade, "There's a heart beat," she said, a tear rolling down her face.

Then Sam landed, "I'm sorry," and Tony hit him with a repulsor blast to knock him out.

Tony took deep breathes, he was just in shock about the whole thing. "This is why I wanted you at the meeting," Tony said. Jade just looked at him. "I need to keep you safe. You're all I have and if I lose you too I don't know what I would do. And you don't seem to care.."

"I understand, but I'm fine. I understand you want me to be under control— watched because of my powers but you and I both know it won't work out. I'm too much like you and I'm not going to sign the accords. I'm sorry," Jade explained and stood up. "I am not okay with you sneaking through my things and taking them without letting me know."

And with that Jade ran off to the van, grabbed her stuff and changed quickly. She packed everything up and left to find a hotel for the night. She has to lay low for a while.

____________________