XXXIII. WE DID IT

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
"we did it"

"Takeoff in nine minutes," Happy's voice came through the computer

"Takeoff in nine minutes," Happy's voice came through the computer. "Hello? Hello? Who is this?"

By the time Jade found out which computer lab Ned was in, he had already set up everything; finding Peter's phone and hacking into Happy's phone.

"Uh... Mr. Happy, it's Ned,"

"Who?" Happy asked, his face really close to the camera.

"I'm an associate of Peter Parker. Got something very important to tell you—"

"You gotta be shitting me!" Happy said.

"Happy!" Jade yelled, but he already hung up on Ned.

"Damn," "Dammit," the two teens cursed.

"Okay, I'll try and contact Happy— we can't try my da... Tony— Mr. Stark, he'll go batshit crazy," Jade said laughing awkwardly, almost giving away her real heritage.

"Why do you call Happy, Happy? Is he like, not your real dad or something?" Ned asked as he continued typing away on the computers not looking away.

"What?" She asked quickly and nervously, did Michelle tell him?

"Are you adopted?" Ned clarified.

"Oh, uh... eh-yeah, I'm kinda adopted," She said weirdly and just turned around to do something else.

"Hey, Ned, how we coming on with those headlights?" Peter's voice sounded on Ned's phone.

"Uh..," Ned twirled around to look at his other screen. "Round knob to the left of the steering wheel, turn clockwise."

"Left. Okay. Okay, perfect. So where's my phone now?" Peter asked.

"Um... He stopped in an old industrial park in Brooklyn,"

"What? That makes no sense. I thought he said he was going out of town!"

"Weird. Oh, I reached Mr. Happy. Don't think he likes you, by the way. It sounded like he was catching a flight. He said something about taking off in nine minutes." Ned explained.

"What?" Peter and Jade asked. She didn't hear that part.

"He was surrounded by a bunch of boxes,"

"Boxes? It's moving day. It's moving day! It's moving day! He's gonna rob that plane! I gotta stop him!" Peter exclaimed.

"I'll try and meet you at the warehouse, I'm going to the Tower to see if I can stop the plane from going," Jade said and started walking out the room. "Bye!" She yelled and ran out of the school.

"Be careful!" Ned said back.

Once she made it to the Tower she tried getting in by the front entrance, but the door was locked.