XXVI. FERRY DISASTER

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
"ferry disaster"

Tony called the FBI immediately after he hung up the phone with Jade, but before that, he told Jade— like Michelle did— to not get involved with the situation

Tony called the FBI immediately after he hung up the phone with Jade, but before that, he told Jade— like Michelle did— to not get involved with the situation. She just shrugged it off with an "okay" because her mind was already made up to go get Peter.

Once Michelle was in her next class, Jade ran out of the school without getting caught. She put on her suit and wore a huge blanket/scarf to hide herself, probably not the best hiding method but she worked with what she had.

She tried contacting Peter but he ignored all her calls, all of them going straight to voicemail. She got to the ferry ten minutes before they left and sat down on the inside part of the ship.

She let her drone circle the ship and scan for Chitauri cores or any of the criminals. They were on the ship alright, the cores sat in a pickup truck on the bottom floor and the criminals were spread out everywhere.

The ferry was now leaving port, the dark skinned criminal was moving and later entered the inside seating where Jade was.

Jade commanded the drone to go to the window of where he sat and a white man who sat behind him started talking.

"He's up front. Main deck," he said.

"I hate this guy," the dark one said.

Jade scanned the white mans face and saw his name was Adrian Toomes. "Search Web for Adrian Toomes, keep on file," Jade whispered to VERONICA.

"Yes ma'am,"

Suddenly, she got an alert that Spider-Man was on board and he was also using his drone. Jade asked the drone to find Spider-Man and it showed him on the roof. She stood up and walked out as normally as she could, once she was out of sight she took the scarf thing off and went to get Peter.

She climbed the ladder and saw him squatting down looking over the roof. She snuck over and squatted beside him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked making Peter jump.

"Jade!" He whispered harshly.

"This isn't safe, we can't stop them on here," she said.

"No, look. They're all right here. All we have to do is take them down. Easy," he said. "They have the weapons, buyers, and sellers all in the same place."

"The police are going to take it from here—"

"Incoming call from Tony Stark," KAREN said.

"No, no, no, no, no— don't answer!" Peter said quickly but KAREN answered anyways.

"Mr. Parker. Got a sec?" Tony asked.

"Uh, I'm actually at school," Peter lied.

"Nice work in D.C., Happy sends his thanks for saving Jade," Tony said, but Jade knew Peter wasn't listening and he says "okay". "My dad never really gave me a lot of support... And I'm just trying to break the cycle of shame."