BONUS. WHAT AM I DOING?

[ just a disclaimer: you don't really have to read this part, it's just an extra scene that goes along with the previous chapter. ]

__________________________

MICHELLE'S POV
"what am I doing?"

"I have to go," Jade stood up and quickly started walking down the stairs

"Jade!" I yell back but she ignores me.

"Dude!" Ned turns to Peter. "Go get her!"

"What?!" Peter exclaimed, getting nervous.

"You heard him! Go get her!" I said, standing up and "shooing" him away.

"She doesn't look like she wants to talk to me right now," Peter said sadly, watching her walk away.

"Just go!" Ned and I said together making Peter jump up and walk down the bleachers with wide eyes.

I watch as Peter runs to catch up to her and before she gets to the exit, she suddenly stops. I look to Peter and he has his arm thrown out, holding something that looks like white ropes.

My eyes widened, where did that come from? And how is it sticking to her back like that?

Jade turns around slowly, her head pointed towards the ground, then suddenly, it shoots up and you can see the anger built up in her face.

She starts yelling at him, and you can see towards the end that she starts to cry. And when she gets done with her little spill, she stares at Peter for a moment and then she was gone. Her iconic lightning trail left behind.

My eyes widen, I hope no one saw that. I look around and everyone was looking at where Jade just ran but no one seemed to have seen who it was. I let out a sigh in relief.

"Um," Ned calls uneasily. "Did you— did she—?"

"Probably give herself away?" I asked, knowing he already knows her secret. "... Probably."

I turn to look at Peter, he was still standing there, looking at where she just ran off to. Then after a few more seconds, he turned around slowly and made his way back to us.

"Ned, I'm going to go find her and see if she's okay," I said standing up, pulling out my phone to try and call her.

"This is all my fault." I groan, mentally and physically slapping my forehead.

"N-No, no it's not," Ned said standing up as well. "It's not fully your fault— I mean, we both did this. We both set it up."

"Okay, sure," I said, letting him take some of the blame. I mean, take what you get, right? "I still need to go after her, so... I'll see you later."

"Wait—!" Ned calls making me turn around quickly.

He starts becoming nervous all of a sudden, his face blushing out of embarrassment.