XXV. PETER'S SKIPPING

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
"peter's skipping"

When Monday rolled around, the school was filled with Spider-Man and Iron Lightning colors and decore

"Despite Iron Lightning being taken away by medics due to a severe blood loss, no one was seriously injured, thanks to her and the Spider-Man," the schools news reporter, Jason said.

"Thank you, Spider-Man and Iron Lightning," The other school reporter, Betty, and Jason said together very awkwardly.

"Up next: The Spider-Man and Iron Lightning mania is sweeping the school. How can you show your spider and lightning spirit?"

"Must be fun being celebrated," Michelle smirked at Jade as they were walking the halls.

"I guess, I'm just glad no one found out I was behind the mask," she shrugged her shoulders as they made it to their lockers. "And that no one was hurt worse than me."

"Oh, I forgot to ask," Michelle said grabbing her binder. "How did you and Peter's conversation in the hospital go?"

Jade's face went red, she remembered it clearly and never stopped thinking about it. "It was just a normal conversation,"

"Your face says otherwise," Michelle smirked.

But it really was just a normal conversation... that struck butterflies in her stomach for three days.

"He just said that he thought it was his fault I was in this mess and that he blamed himself and I told him it wasn't his fault. Then... he kinda explained to me how much he cared for me,"

"Cared for you?!" Michelle exclaimed her hands gripping at her hair.

"Yeah," Jade smiled, the butterflies coming back again. "It was shocking, all of it."

"Well, did you tell him you felt the same way?"

Jade paused, scrunching her eyebrows together in confusion before saying, "What do you mean?"

"You said he expressed his feelings about you,"

"Not in that way," Jade laughed. "... I think."

"Jaidan Sta—!" Michelle started to yell again but Jade stopped her, covering her mouth.

"Don't say it so loud!" She said, becoming serious.

"Sorry," Michelle chuckled. "Did you say you cared about him?"

"I was too shocked by his words that I wasn't able to pull mine out. I said some things but not everything I wanted... Plus my dad came in and ruined the moment,"

"Does he know your real dad is Tony?"

"No. I hope not,"

The two walked around the corner of the staircase and saw Peter talking to Ned.