Chapter 17

[Jack's POV]

Elsa was staying for dinner, yes! Point for Jack Frost! Thanks Mom!

Elsa was borrowing one of Mom's dresses, but I'll bet Elsa will pull it off.

I went upstairs to my room to change into something nicer than sweats and a white shirt.

I slipped on a red dress shirt, and tan pants. I slipped on some black converse and ruffled my hair a bit.

I walked out of my room and walked downstairs to see Jane. Elsa has a good taste in fashion, because butterflies look really good on my little sister.

"Hey Jane. Seen Elsa yet?" I asked.

"No, she hasn't come down yet. Mommie's probably trying to find a good dress for her." Jane answered, sitting on the couch to hold the pillow.

"Ah, I see." I said sitting down as well.

Soon, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It was mother in an Emerald green dress that reached her knees, along with some black heels.

"Hey mom, you look great." I said kissing her cheek.

"Thanks, honey, but not as good as Elsa!" Mom said throwing her hand up and here came Elsa down the stairs.

First, I saw white heels. Then, pale legs, a tip of a dress that was light blue. Elsa finally showed her full self.

It was a light blue and purple dress that reached her knees. There were purple swirls around her waist, and on the bottom of the dress. Elsa came down with her hair completely out of her usual braid, and was cascading down her back, wavy.

I drooled at one point.

"E-Elsa. You look b-beautiful." I stammered, going to her.

"Thank you Jack. You don't look so bad yourself." Elsa giggled, putting her arm in mine.

I walked Elsa to the living room with me, where we would be waiting for the guests.

"I hope my manners are perfect," I mumbled to Elsa,"Because I'm afraid I'll burp and forget to say,'Excuse me'." Elsa giggled.

"I might just hit you so you'll remember." Elsa joked, looking out the window.

I wrapped my arm around Elsa's shoulder casually, and she hugged me and laid her head on my chest. It was a best friend thing, though I feel tingly when she touches me.

Ding, dong!

"That must be the guests..." I mumbled, getting up to open the door.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Gardener! Welcome! Come in, come in!" I said opening the door wider. Two girls, Malory and Silvia stood behind them in black dresses.

"Gladly, dear." Mrs. Gardener said walking in, followed by Mr. Gardner and the two girls.

"Elsa! Jane! Come here please!" I said poking my head into the living room.

"Okay, coming!" I heard Elsa's beautiful voice say, coming out of the living room holding Jane's hand.

"Mr. and Mrs. Gardener, I'd like you to meet Jane and Elsa. Jane is my new sister." I said gesturing to Jane. Jane smiled and said hello.

"Oh, so Elsa must be your girlfriend." Sylvia sneered. Sylvia likes me, but I try to ignore her.

Elsa could tell I was flustered with Sylvia, so she took it upon herself to say,"Yes, I am." Jane opened her mouth to say something, but I glared at her. She shut her mouth.

"Mother! The guests have arrived!" I yelled, guiding the Gardeners toward the dining room. Mom was pouring drinks.

"Hello, dear! Hello John, Ava." Mother greeted. They greeted back.

"So, dinner will start in a little while, so why don't the younger ones go in the living room and get to know each other?" Mom proposed, sending us 'younger ones' into the living room.

"So, Jack, Elsa's your girlfriend?" Sylvia said, unconvinced.

"Yes. 3 Months now." I said throwing my arm around Elsa, who smiled sweetly at me.

Sylvia smiled sourly while her sister, Malory, spoke with Jane. Malory was 7, so Jane should get along with her.

"I see, so Elsa, what school do you go to?" Sylvia asked, frustrated.

"Resin High." Elsa answered. "Jack goes there too."

"Ah, well I go to a boarding school in upstate, one of the best girls' schools in America." Sylvia boasted.

"Cool. Does Malory go there?" Elsa asked, unimpressed. I smirked.

"No, she goes to the public school near our home." Sylvia said, wrinkling her nose.

"I like public schools, you get to go home and see your family every day." Elsa said, crossing her beautiful, long, pale legs.

"Well, I-" Sylvia started,"Kids! Dinner!" Mom shouted.

We got up and went into the dining room.

Oh what is going to happen here? Nothing could possibly go wrong, keep your cool, Frost.