Chapter 18

{Elsa's POV}

We sat down at the table. Jack was beside me, Mallory on the other side of me, Jane in he other side of Mallory, and Sylvia on the other side of Jack.

Jack's Mother, Mr. and Mrs. Gardener sat in front of all the children.

"So, Jack, Elsa, what are today's dinner options?" Jack's mom asked.

"Uhm, well we made pork chops, salad, and a dessert for this group meal." I answered formally.

"Ah, good, it's great to get all of the food groups in." Mr. Gardner complimented. Jack said a 'thank you', and we all dug in.

"So, Jack, are you planning on taking over for your mother?" Mr. Gardener asked. Jack choked.

"Uh, well you see, uhm, I was hoping to get my father's old ice rink back into business... I really liked it there, and I want it back." Jack answered, setting his knife down.

"Sounds productive." Mrs. Gardener said, approvingly.

"Elsa! What do you plan on doing dear?" Jack's mother handed off.

"Uh, well, I'm interested in Business, much like you're doing Mrs. Marion." I answered.

"Great!" Jack's Mother replied, clapping her hands.

"Sylvia, what do you plan on doing?" I asked politely.

"Hmpf, well, I want to be a fashion designer." Sylvia said snootily.

"That's a good profession." I complimented. She nodded.

"Much indeed." Jack's Mother said.

Sylvia was satisfied and shut up.

"How are you doing?" Jack murmured into my ear.

"Actually pretty good. These people are comfortable, except for Sylvia, of course." I answered back in a low voice.

"Yeah, I know, you'll get used to it." He said.

"Who says I'm coming to the next one?!" I asked.

"Me! I can't survive without you!" Jack whisper-screamed at me.

"Ugh, fine." I whispered.

"Yes!" He celebrated, shoving a piece of pork chop in his mouth. I giggled silently at his weird comments about schoolwork and people at school.

"Elsa, can you help me wash the dishes?" Jack's mother asked as Jack led the Gardeners to the living room to chat.

"Sure! It's the least I could do." I said, helping her pick them up. Just then, Sylvia stepped in.

"No, Mrs. Marion, I'll help Elsa." Sylvia slid in.

"Oh, no dear, we got this." Jack's mother said.

"No, no, I insist." Sylvia shooed Jack's mother into the living room with the others. I smiled half-heartedly at Sylvia and carried some plates to the kitchen.

"So, how's Jack treating you?" Sylvia asked, turning on the faucet.

"Good, Good. I think he's the one." I said, actually telling half the truth.

"What do you mean by,'The one'?" Sylvia asked, playing dumb.

"Like, I want to marry him." I fumbled.

"Oh, sweetie, how could you possibly think that?" Sylvia sneered.

"What?" I asked.

"He's obviously going to leave you. I mean, who wouldn't?" Sylvia ranted. My heart shattered. I know that she's just jealous, but it really hurt when she said that.

"Really now?" My voice cracked, and I felt the room getting colder. No, no, no, no! Conceal, don't feel, conceal, don't feel, make one wrong move and everyone will know.

"Well, duh, I'm obvi. smarter than you in relationship wise." Sylvia boasted. She could be right.

"Uhm, well, Jack says he loves me as much as a moon is to the stars." I said, recalling the time Jack was on wacky-gas and he started talking about the moon and stars. I smiled a bit.

"Sure." Sylvia snorted.

"Well if you don't appreciate our relationship, I suggest you stay away from us!" I yelled, freezing the spoon I was holding. I saw it before Sylvia, so I flung it behind my back.

"Oh, darling, Jack won't be able to stay away from me." Sylvia hissed, walking haughtily out of the room. I gritted my teeth and turned around.

"We'll see about that," I mumbled, scrubbing a plate.

______________________

HOLY WHALES YOU GUYS! 1K reads! I'm so happy! Omg, omg omg!

🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳

I WISH I COULD MAKE 1,000 WHALES FOR YOU GUYS SO YOU ALL GET A WHALE! I LOVE ALL OF MY READERS SO MUCH, AND I JUST LIKE WANT TO CRY BUT IM NOT.

I love you guys!

-EMMER! 🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳😍
Whale fest!