Chapter 31

[Jack's POV]

I stirred slightly as I opened my eyes to see complete darkness.

"A-am I blind? Did Pitch make me blind?!" I asked, waving my hands in front of me and trying to get up. Then, I felt something soft smack me in the face.

"Huh?!" I yelled as I grabbed it.

"Ouch, Jack! That's one of my braids you just yanked!" Anna's voice yelped next to me. I jumped and let go.

"Oops. Sorry, Anna." I apologized. Anna's silhouette gave me a thumbs up before bending down, searching for something.

"So, I'm not blind... Then what's going on?!" I asked, scratching my head.

"I don't know, but- ouch!" Anna screamed about 5 feet from me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, frosting the ground a bit.

"I hit my head on a wall." Anna mumbled. I chuckled and walked forward with my hands in front of me.

"Hmmm... Anna, follow my voice." I said, every 2 seconds saying,"Here."

"Where are we going?" Anna asked from behind me.

"Oh, just this cool café I found somewhere in the darkness!" I sarcastically said. Anna huffed.

"Well when you put it that way-" Thump!

"Ooooooouch!" I yelled, rubbing my head.

"Jack, are you okay?" Anna asked. I groaned in reply.

"Duck your head. Don't raise up until I tell you to." I ordered, ducking as well, navigating our way in the darkness.

*~*

I finally saw a speck of light.

"Anna, look ahead! Run to it!" I yelled, taking her hand and limping as fast as I could to the light.

When we got to the end and stepped out, we were still in the neighborhood that I was in when I got knocked out.

I later found out that houses were what Anna and I were hitting our heads on, and we had crawled under 3 porches.

"Elsa? Elsaaaaa!" I screamed.

"Jack? Over here!" Elsa's voice faintly screamed from the other end of the shadow cloud.

"Hold on Elsa, we're coming!" I yelled. Anna started running ahead of me to get to her sister.

We ran- well, I er, limp/ran, to Elsa by cutting around the neighborhood.

I finally spotted a platinum blonde haired girl kneeling on the ground, surrounded by our other friends.

I limped through the bushes and heard their conversation.

"Dang, Gothel was hard to beat. She just kept coming back." Flynn commented. The rest nodded. Elsa looked exhausted.

"Did you see that? Elsa froze Pitch! Whaddya gunna do with him?" Punzie asked. Elsa shook her head.

"I'm waiting for Jack and then we'll figure out what to do with him." Elsa mumbled. I smiled and dragged Anna with me.

I limped towards them and smiled widely for a guy who just got knocked out with a bat by the guy that was trying to murder his girlfriend.

"Jack, hey!" Elsa exclaimed weakly. I shushed her and sat down, both legs stretched out on the pavement.

I pulled Elsa's head into my lap and caressed her face and re-braided her hair.