2

~Seraphina's POV~

After a little bit of a freak out from me and a lot of explaining from Carmen, I learned that she did, indeed, have a boyfriend. She'd never told me of him before. And apparently, they'd been dating for a year and a half now.

I learned that he was from Australia and had moved here to the States, for whatever reason. Regardless of where he was from, they ended up meeting in one of her classes and had immediately clicked. In my opinion, I thought it was adorable that she had a boyfriend. She had had many in high school, but it'd been a while. Besides, he seemed to make her rather happy. She told me that he loved her and treated her like a queen, which was all I could ask for because she deserved that. He wasn't supposed to get here for three more days, AKA on Friday, since he had to pack his things. As far as she had said, his name was Luke.

"I'm so happy for you." I smiled, truly meaning that. She seemed to be absolutely smitten with the guy. A giggle left her lips and she stood up from where she and I had migrated to the couch to talk at, fixing her skirt. "I guess I should leave you to it. You've probably got homework and I have to unpack still." She said, sending me a smile. I nodded, watching her ascend up the stairs before she was out of my sight, leaving me alone. Yawning, I got up and headed upstairs to my room, knowing that I actually did have homework that I needed to do.

My room was the second biggest in the house, since my mom had the master bedroom, AKA the biggest room. I also liked to think I had a rather pretty room.

With mauve pink walls and dark wood floors, my bed was in the middle of the room, pressed back against the wall. The bedframe was metal that I had painted white and had a little arched headboard, my sheets white and my blankets and pillows a mix of white and mauve pink. At the foot of my queen sized bed was a small white trunk that I used as both storage and a seat. It didn't even look like a trunk, though, which was nice. It just looked like a tufted seat. There was a fluffy, white rug in the middle of the floor that Chester loved to lay on or roll around on. Sometimes he even blended right into the fluffy white rug. Thankfully, though, I had never accidentally stepped on him while he was laying on it.

My dresser was across from my bed, right beneath my TV that I really only put on when I did homework. I liked noise in the background when I did schoolwork, or cleaned. Next to my bed was my nightstand, which was white, but over the years I had painted little things on it in black or mauve pink. My nightstand always had a cupcake scented candle on it and essential things that I used a lot, like chapstick, my house key, and little things like that. Just so I knew where they were. On my dresser, however, was my other items like deodorant, lotions, my one favorite perfume of all time, my hair brush, and my jewelry holders. I had both a box and a stand for my jewelry. There was a bookshelf on my left wall and my vanity table on my right, next to my closet door.

In the very upper left corner was a little area that was specifically made for Chester. There was a hanging canopy tent that I had in the corner with another fluffy rug, this one mauve pink, with a few pillows. For some reason, he really liked to sleep on long pillows, so I got him two that were tucked in the open canopy. He even had a few of his dog toys over there. His food and water bowl were off of the rug, close to the wall in case he wanted one during the night. My mom had thought it was a little silly of me to make an entire area for him, but he seemed to like it and know it was for him. If he didn't sleep in my bed, it was over there.

The last thing I had was a big LED light that was a soft pink when it was on. It was in the shape of a heart and was hung on my wall beside my bed. I even had LED lights in my closet, but different from the one in my room. The lights in my closet hung from the ceiling in separate strips, with little LED butterflies on the ends. I thought they were pretty cute.

Entering my room, I heard Chester run in after me and jump up onto my bed as I sat down, putting my bag down beside me. For a small dog, he was able to jump surprisingly high.

Chester laid down at the end of my bed and curled up into a ball, falling asleep while I took out my homework. Even though it was only the second week of school, none of the teachers had hesitated to give us a lot of homework. I had hoped that my senior year wouldn't have me having to do a lot of work, but it didn't seem like my teachers were going to grant me that wish.

Thankfully, though, doing my homework didn't take me that long at all. By the time I had finished, it wasn't even past six PM yet. I put my homework all back in my homework folder and shoved it in my backpack, setting my bag on the floor by my nightstand. Kicking off my shoes, I decided I needed to get changed because I was still dressed in the clothes I'd worn to school. After I grabbed a pair of pajamas from my dresser, I stripped out of my clothes and pulled on the warm sweater and leggings, feeling a little bit cold. Now snuggled up in the warmth of my clothes, I put my dirty clothes in the laundry basket by my bedroom door, which I always emptied when it got full.

I left my room and headed down the hall to the bathroom that I used, grabbing my makeup wipes from beneath the sink. Although my room was the second biggest in the house, I didn't have a connected bathroom, unfortunately. I had to share this one with Carmen, and also Luke when he gets here. As long as they didn't touch my things, I obviously had no problem with that. I was very protective over my things and I always had been, even when I was younger. However, I doubted either of them would touch any of my stuff, so I wasn't too worried about it at all.

After I had taken all my makeup off, I tossed the wipe out and washed my face with my face wash and then dried my face. Turning off the bathroom light, I jogged downstairs and headed directly for the kitchen, feeling hungry. I decided on making Carmen and myself some spaghetti, since we didn't have much here. We needed to go shopping soon.

While I cooked, I couldn't help but to drift off into thought, thinking about the fact that I was going to have to meet Carmen's boyfriend. I wasn't very good at meeting new people, which was precisely the reason why Lorenzo was my only friend. He had had to greet me four times in a row before I'd even had the courage to respond back. I'd improved over the years on not being so shy, but I most certainly wasn't good with meeting people still. I just hoped that Luke was nice. Admittedly, though, I was sure he wasn't mean or anything. Carmen was a smart girl and she picked guys rather well, even when she had been in high school. Even when it was just flings, it was always with guys who were nice to me if they crossed my path. I hoped her change in nice guys had not changed. I wanted to get along with him if he not only was going to live here with us, but be dating Carmen as well.

My stomach clenched nervously and I pushed my thoughts away, trying not to worry myself sick. This was no big deal.