28

~Seraphina's POV~

"So," Carmen said as she came running down the stairs at around five PM on Saturday, her one day off this week. "I know I've been busy, but Luke was telling me around a month ago that you were wanting us to do something together. Guess what?" She grinned down at me as I sat on the couch and lifted her arms, doing jazz hands. "Your wish has been granted!" She exclaimed.

Caught off guard, I blinked up at her, appalled. "T-Today?" I stuttered, confused. She and I hadn't even spoken of doing anything together, not once. Sure, Luke and I had talked and I'd said that I'd have liked to do something with Carmen, but there was never any followup afterwards, so I assumed it wasn't going to happen. "Yeah, today. When the hell else, while I'm at work?" She teased, giving me a playful nudge on the knee. I pouted up at her for her sarcasm and sat up straighter, cocking my head for the side. "Well, what are we going to do today, then?" I asked, curious. She grinned at me. "Well, I need to go shopping for bras and underwear, so why don't you tag along? You can get stuff, too. Shit, I'll pay for anything you want!" She chirped. I couldn't help but to smile slightly, finding it sweet of her to offer to do that. "Are you sure?" I wondered, considering her offer. I normally would protest something like that, but I needed new underwear and bras anyways. Besides, I cooked and did her laundry when she was too lazy, so it was sort of like a way for her to pay me back for that.

"Yes, but you look like a bum, so you need to go get changed. Can't let you leave the house in pajamas." She tsked, crossing her arms over her chest. Slightly hurt, I placed my hand on top of my pajama top and gently pulled at it. "I love these pajamas." I frowned, blinking up at her. She snickered and shook her head, leaning down to grab me by the arm before she tugged me up off the couch. "Yeah, that's nice. Now go get ready to go." She said dismissively, pushing me towards the stairs.

Frowning, I headed upstairs and into my bedroom, wishing that Luke was here today instead of at work. That way, I could tell him goodbye before I left. I was used to being able to tell him goodbye when I left, but it seemed that wouldn't be the case this time. Hopefully Carmen and I would get home before him.

Brushing off my thoughts, I began to do my makeup while I sat at my vanity table, finishing it off with a glossy red lip once I finished everything else. After my makeup was done, I took off the pajamas I had been lounging around in and put them on my bed, knowing that I was going to be putting those back on whenever Carmen and I got back home later. Now dressed in just my underwear, I hurried into my closet and began to get dressed after I found something to wear.

I decided on wearing a pleated mauve pink skirt that had a little white ribbon laced up the right side, as well as an off the shoulder top that was white and had long sleeves. The hem along the top and on the bottom of the shirt was lettuce like, with lettuce trim around the sleeves on the wrists. After my skirt and top were on, I pulled on a pair of ankle high converse, leaving my hair down in its natural state.

Now dressed, I ran downstairs and found Carmen waiting impatiently by the door, her hands on her hips. She smiled when she saw me and opened the front door, keys in her hands. "Took you long enough." She tsked, shaking her head.

Carmen and I headed outside to her car and I climbed in the passenger's side while she got in the driver's, beginning to drive down the road. When we came to a stop, I realized that we were parked in the parking lot of the mall, causing me to furrow my brows in confusion. "I thought we were going to like, a Walmart or something." I said in confusion, hurrying out of the car and after her when she got out. She locked the car, glancing down at me as she shoved her keys into her pocket. "A Walmart? For bras and underwear?" She snorted.

"Absolutely not." She denied, shaking her head as she led me into the mall. I frowned and followed quietly alongside her, unsure where we were going if not to a Walmart. That was where I always got my undergarments, because that was where mom allowed me to.