23

~Luke's POV~

After about five minutes, Carmen ditched Nina and I over by the bar and left to go somewhere, claiming she spotted someone she knew. So that left just Nina and I at the bar, Nina's brown eyes curiously scanning her surroundings. "Have you ever been partying?" I asked, knowing that she obviously hadn't been into a bar before tonight. Something told me she hadn't been to parties either, but I asked anyways.

Her big brown eyes turned up to me and she shook her head. "No. I prefer staying home, or hanging out with Enzo." She answered, making me smile softly. I had expected that. She pushed a strand of her hair out of her face and bit her lip as she looked up at me. "What did Carmen mean that Colin is a sucker for me?" She asked innocently, curiosity in her eyes. I assumed Colin was the name of the bouncer who'd been eyeing her like he'd just found a diamond. "Uh," I muttered, trying to hide my amusement. "Well...Colin was obviously very into you, sunshine." I said, shrugging my shoulders. Those were just the facts. As a man, I'm no idiot to when a guy is interested in a girl, especially when it's the girl I want.

I couldn't help but to smile in amusement when her lips parted and she awkwardly looked down at the bar, embarrassed. "Oh." She whispered. My eyes stayed on her as she lightly kicked her feet, the bottoms of her feet not able to reach the floor on the stool she sat on. "How do you know?" She wondered, looking up at me again with curious eyes. "Because he was looking at your body and very obviously knew you weren't twenty one, but let you in anyways." I responded, chuckling when her lips parted in a cute little 'o.'

Nina continued to gently kick her legs, going back to observing the bar and the people all around us. I could feel the thumping bass of the music in my chest as I watched her, just observing how beautiful she looked, even in the low lighting in the club.

Unfortunately, I was snapped out of my daze as Carmen returned with someone, walking up to Nina and I with a big smile on her lips. "Guys!" She exclaimed happily, sipping on her drink that she had left with. Nina immediately focused her attention on her sister and smiled, while I had to force myself to look over at her. "Hey." I said, forcing myself to smile back at her. She plopped herself down on a stool beside me while the guy stood behind her, just looking at me and Nina. "Who's this?" I asked Carmen, raising my brows at her curiously. She bit her lip and looked up at the somewhat tall man beside her, who was probably around five foot ten with a head of red hair.

"Oh, this is my coworker, Terrence." Carmen introduced up, gesturing up to the man by her. Terrence gave me a light nod of his head and I gave him a very unenthusiastic wave of my hand, wondering what he was doing here. Had Carmen wanted to go clubbing tonight just because she knew he'd be here? Possibly. "I'm Luke." I said, and he sent me a smile. "What about her? She doesn't look hardly old enough to be in a bar." He mentioned, gesturing to Nina, who was very out of place. She was so tiny and the way she lightly kicked her feet as she studied him curiously showed her innocence, and the way she dressed was starkly different. Many women here were wearing dark colors, black or red, but she was wearing white. She was certainly easy to spot in this large club. "I'm Seraphina. Carmen's my sister." Nina chirped with a friendly smile. "Ah, she's told me about you." Terrence said back to Nina, returning her smile. I was glad that he wasn't eyeing her predatorily like so many other douche bags here.

"Really?" Nina perked up and a smile rose on her pretty face, looking up at him. "Yes. She talks about you a lot, seems to love you very much." He hummed, smiling softly. She giggled cutely and just sort of looked away, going back to examining the people all around us.

"How old even is she?" Terrence asked Carmen as he examined Nina closely, looking confused and curious. Carmen smiled as she looked at her sister, running a dainty hand through her short, dark hair. "She's eighteen." Carmen replied, glancing up at him. "How'd she get in? Fake ID?" He assumed, cocking a brow up. She just snorted and shook her head, smiling in amusement. "No. The bouncer took a liking to her." She explained simply, shrugging her shoulders. Terrence laughed and sat down beside Carmen, shaking his head slightly. "Interesting." He murmured.