7

~Seraphina's POV~

On Monday morning, I woke up early and got out of bed with Chester, who immediately ran off down the hallway towards the bathroom. I grabbed a towel from the hallway closet and then followed after him, letting him come into the bathroom with me.

Like he always did, Chester fell asleep again on the floor and I locked the bathroom door, starting up the shower water. While the water heated, I got undressed and used the toilet before entering the shower, shutting the glass door behind me. I took as quick a shower as possible, since I had woken up a little bit later today than I usually did. The last thing I wanted was to take too long to get ready and get left behind by Enzo. So after I finished with my shower, I quickly got out and wrapped myself in a towel, beginning to blow dry my hair. It seemed I'd been blow drying my hair much more often than usual lately, so I knew I probably needed to start trying to wake up earlier again.

Chester and I returned to my room, where he sat down on the floor and watched me as I began to do my makeup at my vanity table. I finished off my makeup routine with a pair of fluttery lashes and a few spritz of setting spray, standing up and making sure I'd shut my bedroom door before I dropped my towel and grabbed a pair of panties and a bra from my dresser. When I was dressed in my undergarments, I put on my deodorant and then headed into my closet to get dressed for school.

The cropped shirt I chose was white and had three little cutouts in the shape of hearts across the space above my breasts, as well as a high circle neckline that went up to my collarbone. I then pulled on a pair of white denim shorts, some socks and a pair of white sneakers. As I had already brushed out my hair, all I did next was tie my hair up in a ponytail with a few hairs framing my face.

Grabbing my backpack, I slung it over my shoulders and spritzed on my perfume. I went to leave my room and heard Chester immediately run after me, seeming to know that I was about to leave for the day. Sighing softly, I picked up Chester and carried him over to my bed, gently setting him down. "I know you don't want me to go, buddy." I sighed, kneeling down beside his bed. "But I'll be back later today." I assured him as if he knew what I was saying, placing a gentle kiss on the top of his head before I stood up. "Bye, Chess." I smiled, hearing him huff behind me as I left my room and went outside.

Lorenzo wasn't outside yet as I finished locking up the front door, so I walked over and sat on top of the hood of his car, kicking my legs lightly as I waited patiently for him. After about five or ten minutes, Lorenzo walked out and his gray eyes landed on me, causing a smile to immediately grow on his lips. "Hey, kitten. How long you been waiting for me?" He wondered, quickly locking his front door before he jogged down the steps of his porch. "Not that long." I smiled, carefully slipping off the hood of his car. I straightened out my shirt and smiled up at him, holding the straps on my backpack as I walked to the passenger's seat and got in when he unlocked the car. He got in on the driver's side and I pulled on my seatbelt at the same time he did, hearing the car engine rumble to life only a moment later. "Sorry that I didn't come over yesterday. I know I told you I would, but I got stuck having to do homework. Math kicks my ass." He sighed as he glanced over at me, pulling out of the driveway.

"You know you can always ask me for help with your homework if you need it." I giggled, shaking my head. He just shrugged and began to drive down the street, focusing on the road in front of us. "I know, but I always feel bad. I don't want you to feel obligated to help me or something." He said with a small frown, making me grin softly. "I don't feel obligated. I'd be glad to help you when you need it. I've told you this." I reminded, looking over at him with a smile.

He smiled slightly and pulled into the school parking lot, parking in his usual spot before he cut the engine. I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed his arm before he could get out, holding his muscular bicep a little longer than I really needed to. Hesitantly, I released his arm when he turned back to me. "You promise me you'll ask me for help if you think you need it instead of just struggling through it?" I asked, my brown eyes meeting his gray ones. Lorenzo smiled softly and nodded his head. "I promise, Phina." He agreed, causing me to smile happily and get out of the car with him. He locked the car after we shut the doors, the two of us heading inside. I walked beside him down the hall as the bell rang overhead, dismissing everyone to go to their first periods of the day. But like always, Enzo walked me to my class before he would go to his.