38

~Seraphina's POV~

The next day, I got ready to leave my house feeling very anxious. Knowing that Enzo was suspicious of what I had told him yesterday put me on edge, even if I knew that he probably wasn't thinking that Luke and I were dating or anything. Maybe he thought I had just skipped school because I didn't want to go, though that was very uncharacteristic of me, honestly.

I pulled on a pair of white pants that had a picture of angels on the right butt pocket, tugging on a white tank top with thin straps over my head next. After I had put on my tank top, I grabbed a mesh top that was white and had red flowers and thin green vines embroidered all over it, slipping it over it. The top tied together in a knot below my breasts and had short, flowy sleeves. Lastly, I grabbed my white pair of high rise converse and slipped them onto my sock covered feet, my hair falling around me in soft waves.

Smelling of my perfume and my pits covered in deodorant, I grabbed my backpack and left my room, heading down the stairs so I could leave. It was nearing seven AM, so I needed to get outside before Enzo decided to leave me here.

As I exited the house, I saw that Enzo was patiently waiting for me while he leaned against his car, arms crossed over his chest. I locked my front door and stalked over to him as he unlocked the car with a chirp, sending him a small, hesitant smile. The very worried and paranoid part of my brain had half expected for him to confront me about having lied to him yesterday, but he simply smiled back at me as we climbed into his car. Maybe I had been wrong. Maybe he didn't know I'd lied.

Relaxing, I pulled on my seatbelt and looked out my window, convincing myself that I had simply gotten it all wrong. He didn't think I had lied.

When Enzo pulled into the school parking lot and parked his car, I got out of the car with him and shut the door gently, hearing the car chirp as he locked it. "You excited for the test we have next Monday?" He hummed, giving me a playful bump of his hip. Frowning in confusion, I adjusted my backpack and looked up at him, holding onto the straps on my bag. "Test?" I echoed, confused. "What test?" I asked.

He raised a brow and opened the door to the school, letting me walk inside first before he followed behind, the door swinging shut. "The calculus test. Did you forget?" He said, peering down at me with a confused look in his eyes. I awkwardly paused and looked down at the floor, completely unsure what he was talking about. I didn't recall even hearing about any calculus test. I guess I had just stopped paying attention after I did my work for the day during class. All I'd do was do my work and then daydream away the time for most of my classes.

Somehow, Enzo must've known that I had no idea about the test because his brows raised in surprise. "You weren't listening, were you?" He asked, causing me to sneak an embarrassed glance up at him and then look back down at the floor again. I felt both embarrassed and ashamed. Not of having not heard about the test because I knew I'd have probably passed it anyways, but of the fact that I was not listening because I'd been so busy just getting lost in thought.

"That's so unlike you." He frowned, his head cocking to the side slightly. "Is everything okay?" He wondered.

I bit my lip and nodded as I looked up at him, this time not looking away. "Yes, everything's fine." I assured. "I guess I've just been distracted. Haven't...been feeling well because of that stomach bug." I excused, causing his eyes to cloud over with worry. "Are you feeling okay now? You should've just stayed home if you weren't feeling up to it. I mean, you were only home for a day." He lectured, his worried words making me giggle softly. He truly could be like a worried brother.

"I'm okay now. I just wasn't feeling well a few days." I lied again, causing him to relax. His shoulders loosened and he sighed deeply, gently nodding his head. "Good." He muttered, sending me a small smile.