37

~Seraphina's POV~

When I woke up, it was to the feeling of Luke gently shaking my shoulder, causing me to yawn sleepily and roll onto my back as I peered up at him. He sent me a charming smile and held up a package in his hands, leaning over the edge of my bed. "Time to wake up, sunshine." He hummed, my eyes falling to the package in his hands.

It was a new pair of my exact sheets. He had gotten me a replacement since my old ones were now ruined.

A smile rose on my face as I peered up at him, sitting up and clutching my blankets to my chest so that they didn't fall down. "You got me them." I said happily, gently taking them from him. He sat on the edge of my bed with me and shrugged, one of his hands pressing into the bed behind me and making it weigh down slightly. "Well, I figured it's the least I could do since I helped ruined these ones. Besides, you said you liked them." He responded, watching me as I opened them up.

I smiled and looked up at him, placing a kiss on his lips. "Thank you." I said gratefully, which made him grin. "You're welcome." He hummed. "But you know, you have to be off the bed for me to change the sheets." He mentioned, a teasing tone to his voice. I giggled and shifted, attempting to slip out of my bed so I could get up. The second my feet touched the floor, my legs wobbled and I collapsed back on my bed when the ache between my legs made itself present, causing me to whimper.

The ache now was certainly much stronger than it had been when I'd fallen asleep earlier. "You okay?" Luke asked gently, brushing a hand through my long hair as I looked at him over my shoulder. "I-It hurts." I admitted, shrugging my shoulders. There wasn't anything to be done about it.

"I wanted to go take a shower, but...I don't think I can stand long enough to do that." I said with a sigh, frowning. I desperately needed to shower. Evidently, the aftermath of sex felt even dirtier after sleeping for--I looked at the clock to see what time it was--five hours. It was one PM now, which meant Enzo would be stopping by to check on me in three hours or so.

"Maybe a bath?" Luke suggested, causing me to smile and nod my head. "A bath sounds nice." I agreed softly, biting my cheek. He smiled and got out of bed, disappearing out of my room and down the hall.

He was gone for about ten minutes and then returned, my pack of makeup wipes in his hand that I always left in my bathroom on the counter. I took them when he offered me them, realizing I had fallen asleep with my makeup still on. I began to quickly take my makeup off, cringing as I knew how horrific I must have looked after sleeping in makeup. Falling asleep with my makeup on was something I never did, simply because I always remembered to take it off. I just wasn't thinking straight.

After I took off my makeup, Luke picked me up bridal style and I blushed as my naked body pressed against his clothed one, glancing up at him as he carried me out of my room. "Thank you for doing all of this." I said softly, internally swooning. He was such a good man.

"Of course. Anything for my sunshine." He teased, carrying me into the bathroom and carefully lowering my body into the bubbly water in the bathtub. The hot water touched my body and I sighed deeply in relief, leaning my head back against the edge of the tub as the water nursed my sore muscles. "I'll be back in a little while." He said before he left me to take my bath.

While I bathed, I used the washcloth he'd gotten me to wash my body and smiled softly as I realized he'd also gotten my shampoo and conditioner for me. I washed my hair and used the detachable nozzle to rinse the shampoo, moving onto conditioning my hair next. After I was clean, I relaxed back against the edge of the tub again and Luke returned about five minutes after I was done, a clean towel in his hands for me. "Ready to get out?" He asked, and I nodded.