20

~Seraphina's POV~

After both Luke and I had finished eating, I got up and headed into the kitchen again, planning on cleaning up the dirty dishes. I had wanted to do it before eating, but he simply didn't allow that. He had wanted me to eat breakfast with him first. It made my heart clench, knowing that he was so thoughtful and sweet. For some reason, something as simple as us having breakfast together mattered to him. Even though I didn't know why or understand it, it still gave me butterflies.

However, before I could begin to do the dishes, I felt a hand being laid gently on my arm. I jumped in surprise as Luke's large hand wrapped around my forearm and I flushed, looking up at him over my shoulder as I shut off the sink water. "What are you doing?" I asked, but he just rolled his eyes and shook his head. "I think I should be asking you that question, don't you?" He retorted smartly, cocking a brow up at me. My brows furrowed and I peered up at him in confusion, frowning slightly. "What?" I responded, causing him to chuckle to himself and smile a little. Lightly, he shook his head. "You're so oblivious sometimes." He murmured, causing me to pout and gently pull my arm away as I stepped back over to the sink.

"Well, I have to do the dishes." I said, turning the water on again and grabbing the small skillet I had used to cook the roll-ups in. I planned on trying to rinse it out so I could get the dishes done, but I felt another grip on my body before I could. This time, it was on my hips. A sharp gasp left me as I felt him lift me, grabbing tightly onto the edge of the sink as a frightened squeal left my lips. "What are you doing?!" I gasped out, my eyes wide at both the fact that he was lifting me and the fact that he was touching me. "You're not cleaning up, I am. How many times do I have to say that before you accept it?" He scolded, his chest pressing into my back as he slid his arms around my waist and tugged to try to make me release the edge of the sink. "No!" I frowned, shaking my head. "You did them the last time I cooked." I protested, trying to hold on.

When he gave me another tug, my hands slipped and I released the sink. "Please. I don't want you to think you have to do them!" I pouted, looking up at him over my shoulder as he held me closer. "I'm doing the dishes. I thought we agreed that if you're going to cook for everyone, then the least I could do is clean up the aftermath." He grunted out in frustration, making me frown.

Suddenly, we were heading towards the exit of the kitchen and I placed a leg on the counter we were passing, not wanting to go. He didn't need to do the dishes. "I've been doing this for years, Luke! It's not a big deal!" I gasped, protesting more. It was very out of character for me to behave so...stubbornly and to be such a handful, but I truly didn't want him to clean my mess. I was the one who had made it. "I don't care if you've been doing it since you were five, Nina. You're not doing it anymore." He snapped, trying to get me to move my leg, but I refused. "No!" I huffed, reaching down and harshly pinching him on his wrist.

Luke growled in annoyance and surprised me when he released his grip on my waist, sending me tumbling to the floor on my hands and knees. I whimpered as I scraped my knees, hearing his footsteps walk around to me. "Shit, Nina." He murmured regretfully, getting down in front of me. "Let me see, sunshine. Are you okay?" He worried, scooting closer to me. I frowned as he grabbed my hands and tingles shot over my skin at the contact, his warm fingers brushing over my skin. "I'm okay." I said softly, feeling bad for having pinched him when I saw how red his wrist was. "Come here, let me look." He muttered, still concerned about my wellbeing.

His kindness made me feel even more flustered as he gently grabbed my bare thigh, making me blush bright red. "W-What are you doing?" I squeaked as I became momentarily distracted by the intense warmth of his hand holding at the underside of my thigh, forcing my leg out for him to look at. "Don't worry. I'm just making sure you're not bleeding. You hit the floor pretty hard." He assured me softly. I stretched my other leg out, blushing harder when I realized he hadn't released my other thigh yet.