8

~Luke's POV~

Carmen laid sprawled across the couch on Wednesday morning, watching the morning news while I stood next to the couch, drinking a cup of coffee. "Where's mine?" She pouted up at me, eyeing my cup.

I chuckled and nodded my head towards the kitchen, smiling. "You know where the kitchen is." I said simply, looking down at her. One thin leg sprawled over the arm of the couch and one long, thin arm was dangling off the side of the couch, her dark hair a complete mess on her head. "Too far." She groaned, causing me to roll my eyes. "Sounds like a you problem, then." I teased, stalking over to the front door when I heard someone knocking. It was not even seven AM, so I wasn't sure who was knocking at the door so early. Nonetheless, I swung it open and raised a confused brow at the random boy who was stood before me. "Can I help you?" I asked, looking down at him.

He looked to be Nina's age and had black hair with gray eyes, but I had no idea who he was. "Who the hell are you?" He asked, looking me up and down in confusion. I raised a brow, crossing my arms over my chest. "Luke." I said simply. He paused and I saw a flicker of recognition in his eyes, confusing me. "Oh, right. Carmen's boyfriend. Phina told me about you." He nodded, glancing over my shoulder as if he was looking for someone. "Anyways, is Sera done yet?" He asked, raising a brow. "What's your name, kid?" I asked, making him scrunch up his nose. "Lorenzo." He said.

I paused and hesitantly stepped to the side to let him in, realizing that this was Enzo. Nina's best friend and the guy she was crushing on. Admittedly, I hadn't exactly expected him to look like that. He looked to be some sort of jock, judging by his build and his height. I had sort of expected him to be a nerd, for some reason. "She's upstairs. I think getting dressed." I said, shutting the front door and locking it.

Lorenzo walked in and headed directly upstairs, not even sparing me or Carmen a glance. I watched him go, sipping on my coffee as I sat down on the unoccupied couch. When he was gone, I pushed my focus away from him and the girl he'd just gone to join upstairs, staring at the TV. Well, I tried to push my focus away, anyways, but it didn't seem to work too well. For whatever reason, I was drawn to Nina and I felt oddly protective over her. She was sweet and innocent, something a lot of people had already had ruined by her age. I had always been into shy girls like her when I was in high school, but then I met Carmen and that had changed. Or at least I had thought it did, anyways.

If I'm being honest, Nina wasn't what I had expected when Carmen had told me about her having a little sister. I had expected someone a little...different, I guess. I hadn't expected her to be so sweet and kind and shy. So pretty.

Her and Carmen were polar opposites, in every sense. Carmen was taller and slim, while Nina was short and had an abundance of curves. Nina had longer hair and her hair had been dyed a pretty ombré color, while Carmen had short brown hair. Although both of them wore makeup, Carmen wore it less often than Nina, as Nina wore it everyday during the week. While Carmen was outgoing and loud, Nina was shy and reserved. They really were nothing alike.

Pulling me out of my thoughts, two sets of footsteps came walking down the stairs. Enzo walked down first and Nina followed, her backpack slung over her shoulders. She looked over at Carmen and I, a smile rising on her lips. "Do you guys want me to make you breakfast, too? I was gonna make some for Enzo and I." Her soft voice offered, standing beside him at the foot of the stairs. Carmen just groaned, shaking her head. "I'm good. I have a hangover." She said, causing me to snort. "I told you not to drink so much yesterday." I tsked, standing up off of the couch as she scowled at me. "I'll take some. I'd be stupid to pass up food." I chuckled, causing her to smile and nod her head. "You want pancakes, yeah?" She asked Enzo, who eagerly nodded. "Fuck yeah. You know me, kitten." He grinned.