14

~Seraphina's POV~

"Nina!" I heard Luke call from downstairs while I sat in my room on Saturday morning, South Park playing on the TV. Both Chester and I looked up at the same time, surprised at his sudden voice. I had not heard him speak so lousy before.

As if Chester knew that it was me that he was calling for, he turned his head towards me and stared at me, waiting to see if I was going to do something. "Let's go see what he needs, huh, Chess?" I smiled, slipping out of my bed while Chester jumped off. We headed downstairs and I was surprised to see the front door was left standing open, a new mattress leaning against the doorframe. "Is that Carmen's?" I asked, looking at the mattress. "Wow. You actually got her to agree to getting a new bed." I said, shocked. Mom and I had been trying for a while. "Eh, well...not so much. But she needs a new one, so I bought one anyways and didn't tell her about it." He explained, shrugging his shoulders. I frowned and looked up at him, furrowing my brows slightly. "Oh." I mumbled. It seemed even he couldn't talk her into it.

"Anyways, I needed your help to get this upstairs because they just dropped it off and then left me with it." He said, making my eyes widen as I looked at the mattress. "Me? I-I...Can't you just ask Carmen?" I asked, frowning at him a little. I didn't have very much muscle, so I had a feeling that I wouldn't be a lot of help. It wasn't that I didn't want to help. I just wasn't very good at carrying heavy things. "She's at work, remember? And besides, I'm trying to do this so she doesn't know about the new mattress." He answered, making my lips part.

"Right, sorry. I forgot she had work today." I mumbled, shaking my head. They had been living here for a month and a half yet she didn't start working until today, so I wasn't used to her having a job and being gone just yet.

Luke just smiled at me and shrugged his shoulders. "No biggie." He dismissed, gesturing over to the mattress with a brow raised down at me. "So, you up for helping me, sunshine?" He asked, a hopeful tone to his voice. I paused and bit my lip, softly nodding my head as I walked over to him. "Sure." I agreed, stepping out into the cool air as I grabbed the back of the mattress and he grabbed the front. I figured I'd probably be able to help best by pushing from the back, not carrying from the front. He lifted the edge and I struggled a little as I helped pick it up, my arms shaking a bit while I tried to get a good grip. We began to move the bed towards the stairs, where he began making his way up the stairs backwards while I helped push it upwards.

The heavy mattress was hard for me to hold properly, but I managed to help him get it up the stairs, huffing with effort when we reached the top of the stairs finally. He seemed to notice how much I was struggling with carrying the mattress as he looked at me, a smile rising on his lips while he cocked up a brow. "Have you got it?" He teased, chuckling. I blushed and nodded my head, swiping a hair out of my eyes. "I've got it." I assured softly, embarrassed that I was struggling with this so much. Maybe I needed to start lifting weights or something. I was a weakling.

When we got the mattress into Carmen's room, we set it on the floor and took the sheets off of her old one, pulling the old mattress onto the floor. With some more struggling from me, we lifted the new one onto her bed frame and I looked down at the sheets that were on the floor. "Do I...need to wash those?" I asked curiously, cocking my head to the side. I wasn't sure when the last time either of them had washed the sheets was, but I knew you were supposed to do it at least once a week. He must've taken my question in a much different way than how I meant it because he raised his brows at me and I saw surprise slip into his expression. "No. I mean, we haven't had sex on them or anything..." He shrugged, causing my eyes to widen as I couldn't help myself from blushing intensely.

"That is not what I was asking." I squeaked out, my cheeks and chest feeling hot. I really did not want to know about the sex life Luke had with my sister.